unable to install BTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install BTS

I recently bought BtS, but I cannot complete the installation process: After checking my DirectX components it then informs me that there is a newer version of Sid Meyer's Civilization 4, and it is installing the latest patch. If I pre patch my vanilla to 1.74 this message doesn't appear,

BUT

after this (either with patchig vanilla or directly from the DirectX check - depending what patches I install) it then informs me that "there is a newer version of Sid Meyer's Civilization 4 - Warlords", and it is now applying the patch. The installer then quietly closes down, leaving me without my BtS.

Here is the strange part. I don't have Warlords. I never did. To the best of my knowledge Warlords is not needed to play BtS, but I can't get around it trying to patch my non-existent Warlords. Just for kicks i tried to install the 2.08 patch for Warlords (you know, maybe sometime in the night little elves came and put the expansion on my comp), but the 2.08 patch informed me that I do not have Warlords installed on my machine, and thus quit out. Perhaps something similar is happening to my BtS installation?

I tried to find a similar issue on the forums, but I don't see anyone with my specific error.

Both vanilla and BtS are store bought. I am running XP

Anyone have some enlightenment to pass on?
Working...
X