Apple / Mac technical problems thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple / Mac technical problems thread

**NOTE** If there is already a Mac tech problem thread, I apologize but I didn't see one.

I just downloaded the Mac patch last night and while Civ4 for Mac now has a variety of ambient sounds that it didn't previously play, it is still exhibiting some audio and video problems:

1. Most notably, there is one problem the patch notes said was fixed that was not. When I zoom out into globe view, the graphical skin is still corrupted. Whichever foreign leader I talked to most recently is what I see on the globe.

2. Every so often there will still be sound files that seem to misfire, and when that starts to happen then often I will just hear a POP out of my speakers and there is no more sound unless I reboot the game.

3. Mouse-over info boxes and scroll capability come and go seemingly on a whim. They'll leave for a few turns and then come back. Aggravates me to no end.

4. I am playing Civ4 on the lowest possible visual settings, and I have to say that I am disappointed that this has to be the case. I am running a brand-new 20" Intel iMac with 1GB of memory and an ATI x1600 video card with 256MB of RAM on it, and I have to run at the lowest possible settings (apart from screen resolution, which I still have moderate to high) if I want it to exhibit adequate performance. What gives?

I tried making a disc image of the DVD to run the game entirely off my hard drive, but it wouldn't run that way, sadly.

Please feel free to use this thread to post further Mac A/V problems or possible solutions if anyone has found any.

Thanks,
    Z
Working...
X