Midgame play [Immortal+]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midgame play [Immortal+]

Okey, so I beat Emperor without a lot of problems now..
    But when I try at Immortal, I get creamed
    Ancient Age is no problem, I manage fine here (sometimes very good). You just use the old focus trick aimed at your strenght.
    The problem is, the longer a game progress the more evident the AI bonuses become. I cant expand like they do in the begining isnt realy an issue early on. But when when you gain more techs and civics that enables a larger empire, I am allready very very short on options for expansion. While my empire is held back by this, the AI draws all the benefits from it.

So I guess my problem is switching from the micromanagement in early ages to the imperialistic ways of late renes/industrial eras.

Unless you go militaristic/agressive approach right from the start, there's little chance in beating your opponent on the battlefield.
    So far, I've had little to no success with this strat. It tends to ruin my economy and research.

Out-teching the AI is impossible.

Spaceship victory.. Havent tried it but unless I turn it off I allways loose due to it.

Culture seems to be possible. In my last game I came close but I messed up midgame and ruined my chances. The persians won by spaceship

Diplomacy should work if you enable permanent alliances. But if you do, it gives you a huuuge advantage since its rather easy to form an alliance with one (or two!) of the stronger parts.

So.. How do I keep up the pace midgame?
Working...
X