Strange defrag-problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange defrag-problem

When I started the game I wondered about all those complaints here; the game ran smoothly without any problems.
    All the sudden it started to get nasty. Major crashes - which I've not seen since about 2 years of WIN XP - , memory leaks and all the other stuff, which was posted here.

I thought, it might be a good idea to defrag my HDs, which I do btw about every week.

Now I saw something strange: After defrag was ready, I saw about one third of my HD still with "red bars". The report of defrag told me, that there are about 2.5 GB of files, which cannot be defragged. Now guess, to which application these files belong.....right!
    2.5 GB of fragmented CIV-4 files after 2 days of gaming.

Now I am not an expert in all these things. For me it sounds bad, that there are masses of fragmented files of a fresh installed software, but I don't know, if it is really bad.

Could someone give me some pointers?

Sys specs:
    P IV 1.800
    1024 MB RAM
    GeF 4.200 Ti with 128 MB
    SB Audigy

PS: I have 2 HDs. The "better" one is only for games, but it is my D-drive on which I have CIV-4 installed. But seemingly it is impossible to make it save also on my D-drive. Whatever I do, it creates always the same folders on drive C and the saves go there, if I don't do it manually (which is too annoying). Any Idea about that?
Working...
X