Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD BTS 3.17] Age of Civilisations, a mod with a very specific mechanic

Hello everybody,

I am new on Apolyton, and would like to share with you this mod I created (Thanks jojoweb for your invaluable help)

This mod is for BTS 3.17, and comes in english and french.

This mod is quite unique, because it focuses on the diversity of civilisations, rather than on there all becoming the same "in the end".
    Think of the diversity of the huns, vikings, zoulous, franks, turks, and what made these civilisations different.
    In the basic game, only a few things are different beetween the civilisations (a few units, buildings, etc...), and in the end game, they all become the same.

In age of civilisation, you can create your own civilisation, that will be unique, and get more and more unique in the end. And ultimately, you will lead YOUR civilisation, with its very special capacities.

How it does that is very simple:
    ALL TECHS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE START. Yes, ALL. But keep in mind that AoC Technologies don't go beyond early gunpowder, but there are MANY more technologies than in the vanilla game.
    And there are NO UNBEATABLE techs.
    The second effect is that each time you discover a technology, another one is RANDOMLY discarded from the list of remaining techs. THIS is the catch. So in the end, no civ will be like another one...

This is a mod in development, and I am looking for SDK scripters, although just using XML to full effect can provide me with LOTS of interesting effects.
    If you have comments or ideas, feel free to tell me.

I hope you will enjoy the mod.
    More info and download link can be found here:
    This concept is to create your civilisation as the game unfolds, instead of at the start of the game, through the choice of technologies, some of those being randomly put aside when new techs are discovered.... The technologies level do NOT go beyond early gunpowder, but with many many more...
    Last edited by cromcrom; December 28, 2008, 10:08.
    "A trip of a thousand miles starts with one small step"
Working...
X