Election Nomination for First Term Under New Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Nomination for First Term Under New Con

Elections for our new government under our New Constitution will begin on November 12th. There are only four elected offices, so this election should be one of the most interesting ones to date.

Candidates need to announce their intention to run prior to the 12th, as The Court will create the election threads and they need to know who's running before the elections start.

At this time I do not intend to run for another term as Foreign Affairs Minister, however, I may change my mind if no one else steps forward. I enjoy this work and have a desire to continue working as our FAM, but I don't want to become an institution that needs to be beaten out of office. So if someone else has the desire to take this vitally important and extremely rewarding position, please speak up. You may also PM me with questions, etc.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Well I have enjoyed SMC very much, but I think it is time to let somebody else have all the fun, so I do not intend to run again. However, I will not be leaving you. I hereby announce my candidacy for the 1st President of the 2nd Republic.
    Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I'd just like to say that I fully support aggie's presidential campaign. Having worked with him closely I know that he would make an exellent pres.

Another good term WIA and another GL I gather.

Also it's good to see spiff again.
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I'm announcing that I'll be running for the position of Domestic Minister of the Second Republic. I hope to continue what I have started while being Term V City Planner, which is to make us the best Nation on the Planet.

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Hmm, maybe I'm going to run for Presi...

Erm, wait, no, nevermind.

Comment

I fully support the candidacy of E_T for Domestic Minister

Personally, I do currently intend to run for anything elected for the first term under the New Con I think I'd like to take that first term to see what I can do in the Senate (might change my mind if PTW is such a distraction that few people stand up for positions, though).
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I'd like to run for SMC but I am rather poor at military movements and I don't have enough time. We might not go to war in this term though
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Here's a big shocker:

I hereby announce my intention to run for Supreme Military Commander .
                "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

THUD!!!!!!!!! SMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my.... I feel feint..... Quick, somebody get the smelling salts......

BONK

As I slowly regain conscousness, I think it is kinda a good thing Thud. Move on over to the Dark Side. It's kinda fun. Elvis and Jimmy Hendrix are over here, warming up for tonights concert. Lots of delicious Deep Fried Finger Foods, all you can eat, and the Women.... well, lets not go there until after you have converted. In the mean time, plan on taking all those lovely greek cities, will you please. I want to get the ivory market cornered, and they are so lightly defended at the moment.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                    I'd like to run for SMC but I am rather poor at military movements and I don't have enough time. We might not go to war in this term though
                    Between those two things that makes you about 0% qualified for the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                      Here's a big shocker:

That's the best surprise I've gotten all day

I fully support Thud in his candidacy for Supreme Military Commander!

I hope that we shall have a gentlemanly military commander who is fierce in battle, yet uses force as the last chosen means rather than the default means of pursuing Apolyton's interests! Additionally, we might even be able to hope that Thud, as SMC, might be able to tame the warriors into respecting something of a code of honor in battle rather than looting, pillaging, raping, eating babies, and causing general mayhem when taking over the cities of our enemies... as we'd honestly prefer to take enemy cities FULLY INTACT rather than as the ruined pieces of refuse our warriors have typically left them...

I support the candidacy of this reluctant and honorable warrior!
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Now wait one moment... just what is wrong with the occasional Rape, Pillage, Looting, and baby Snack Food? Nothing say I. Nothing at all as long as it isn't in my house, and so far due to our excelent military it never has been. Thud, please do not let these measures of our army go to the side. Let us continue to teach those heathen barbarians that we are the best, and that they are scum, and that they should just join us and be scum no more.
                        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Here's a big shocker:

Absolutely brilliant.

I don't know if Thud has fallen for the glory of war but I suspect it has more to do with using his position of power to ensure that we have a Pax Apolytonia, but either way, this is a VERY interesting.

--Togas
                          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

Additionally, we might even be able to hope that Thud, as SMC, might be able to tame the warriors into respecting something of a code of honor in battle rather than looting, pillaging, raping, eating babies, and causing general mayhem when taking over the cities of our enemies... as we'd honestly prefer to take enemy cities FULLY INTACT rather than as the ruined pieces of refuse our warriors have typically left them...

I suggest that Aggie be given some medical assistance when he learns that he will be assisted by Thud as SMC !
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Here's a big shocker:

Never under estimate the power of built up aggression.

Comment

Working...
                              X