What finding the lost civs has given us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What finding the lost civs has given us

Let's take a look at what finding the lost civs has given us.
    After the initial discovery, we sold the lost civs some early-medieval techs in exchange for (IIRC) 57 lpt, two luxuries, contacts, maps and some lytons. We later used the contacts and the maps to buy Metallurgy and Physics, made some money and then used it to buy Military Tradition as well. We then obtained contacts with Japan, got their silks in exchange for an early-medieval tech and our world map and whored our maps and contacts around for lots of cash and lpt.
    To sum up, finding the lost civs has given us three technologies, three luxuries, four new contacts, nearly a hundred lpt, insane amounts of cash. In addition, it has made most of the world's civilizations broke. And to think it only cost us one galley...

I don't know about you but I find this quite astounding. Finding the lost civs was the smartest and greatest thing that we did in this game so far - it was cheap, quick and netted us incredible profits!!
    I know one day we shall go to the stars and find new civs and then sell them gunpowder for their Xenosilk!!
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

I have been saying the exact same thing since over a 1000 years now.

Sell them gunpowder? Haha - that would be useless to them. Let's sell them some oxygen to go with it, as well.

Would Xenosilk make our citizens happy? Or is it some kind of weapon?
    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

From my experience, when playing in maps with continents, the civ that discovers the rest of the world first is usually the dominant civ throughout the rest of the game.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

lol @ BigFurryMonster...
        ...Shiber, i wouldn't agree with that b/c i'm usually not the first to find the others but i still win; however it is definitely true in this case.

i think the only thing holding us back from being a real hegemon is our lack of a more global reach, altho uber island helps.
        Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
        Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
        Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
        Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Reddawg, if we had started in the postion of any of the lost civs, then Global reach would be important.

But with only 4 of them not on the same contentaint as us, we don't need a global reach to dominate the world; all we need is to be able to reach everyplace on this big contientant.

In addition, if we are building Battleships when the lost civs are still building Iron Clads, the long distance our Battleships would have to travel to be repaired if seriously damaged will be irrevelent because it couldn't occur.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
          X