Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizable Auto Workers

Hello everyone

I love Civ3 its great. The only part that I find very tedious is the micro managing. Therefore to solve this problem I suggest there be customizable auto workers in civ4. By this I mean when you click on auto for a worker a menu pops up and you can tell it to do certain things on certain types of land. For example: Mine grasslands, mountains, and hills, irrigate plains and desserts, chop down forests and plant forests in tundra. This way I could feel comfortable using the auto workers, I don't want irrigation on grasslands in despo!

Thank you

Some people don't want workers. Have you considered CTP's public works model?

The criticisms against PW so far have been:

- Where does it get paid from? In CTP, this is a slider which draws a % from industrial production. Gold could be used just as easily, and I'm open to other suggestions.

- No workers to enslave. I'd say that any PW under construction could be pillaged to result in a captured worker. Most sensible players keep workers in cities when not in use anyway.

- You can't build roads etc outside your borders with PW. I see this as an advantage. Although I would extend it so that you could pay for construction in allied territory, and that costruction in no man's land could be done at a surcharge that varies with distance from your nearest city.
    The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
    And quite unaccustomed to fear,
    But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
    Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

Working...
    X