Civ 4 suggestion: Natural Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 suggestion: Natural Wonders

What about natural wonders like Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon? I was thinking that they would add 1 happy face when in a city radius, and there could be a tech like Conservation which allows you to build the small wonder of National Park System which doubles the effect of these wonders. There could even be Minor Natural Wonders (like a picturesque waterfall) that only helps the city, and great NW's like Niagara Falls or the GC which would help an entire nation. Opinions?
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

I liked the natural formations in SMAX and I would have liked to have seen them in Civ3 as well. Adds flavor to the game.

Comment

There is an entire forum dedicated to suggestions for civ 4. Why would Firaxis bother checking the Civ 3 forum for suggestions?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        There is an entire forum dedicated to suggestions for civ 4. Why would Firaxis bother checking the Civ 3 forum for suggestions?
        Why would they bother checking that forum for suggestions?

Comment

Natural Wonders would be nice. It would make the worlds more distinct and unique.

Perhaps the Natural Wonders could provide one extra shield, trade, or food like in SMAC.

Just a thought.
          Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

I believe it's about 10th time I read about this idea... and I don't read those ideas often, so I probably missed a few hundred times getting this idea mentioned...

... but yes... I like the idea... adds a nice flavor to the game
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Just thought of something else: battlefield parks. Whenever a unit becomes elite and /or a MGL is generated, there is a chance that that square will become a BP. These squares will generate an extra trade from tourism.
              One OS to rule them all,
              One OS to find them,
              One OS to bring them all

Comment

For natural wonders, why not just make them resources?

There ought to be a time delay for a battlefield park. How many years after 1865 was the first Civil War reenactment?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I like that...I've missed the landmarks of SMAC. There was nothing I fought over more than the Manifold Nexus...that, and making sure that the Believers were completely anhilated
                  I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

For natural wonders, why not just make them resources?
                    ...because you can't trade a waterfall or geyser to another nation?
                    One OS to rule them all,
                    One OS to find them,
                    One OS to bring them all

Comment

Oh - I loved that jungle... Gave you and incredible production bonus, if my memory doesnt betray me....
                      And death to the believers!

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        I liked the natural formations in SMAX and I would have liked to have seen them in Civ3 as well. Adds flavor to the game.
                        What is SMAX? Sid Meier Alpha Xenophobia?

I played SMAC but I'm not sure what SMAX is.

Comment

SMAX = Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire, the expansion for SMAC. The X stands for either Crossfire (X-fire) or eXpansion. The quality of that expansion was, IMO, about the same caliber as Conquests in quality and content (I would consider the 7 highly detailed factions to be worth about as much as the 15 civs).
                          I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking I missed a Sid game somewhere.

I guess you could have Natural Wonders that give +1 Happy face or generate Tourism income like the Alps or the Grand Canyon.

I'll see if I can get this moved to the Civ Future forum.
                            Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; February 5, 2004, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

What is SMAX? Sid Meier Alpha Xenophobia?

I played SMAC but I'm not sure what SMAX is.

Heathen

Comment

Working...
                              X