Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if a thread is closed, do everyone's posts not count toward post count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if a thread is closed, do everyone's posts not count toward post count.

I saw a thread in the RON forum that was a spam thread, and someone said that if it was closed no one would get post count additions from it.

I recently posted a very much on topic thread to Other Games - (a comparison of Imp and Imp2) some idiot posted a link to a notorious "abandonware" site. I posted a rebuke in response, with a request that he delete the link. If he does not and the thread gets closed, to i lose the posts in my count? Ive been very careful not to post anything that doesnt have real content, despite the temptations as i get within sight of "king".
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

If a thread is just closed... no loss.

If a thread is deleted in an on topic forum, any posts made are subtracted from the posters.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We lose the posts even if we have some realy good sp-posts in the thread?!? Sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to perfectly position the party smiley...

Comment

Yep... that's one of the key reasons I deleted spammy threads in the on topic forums... That way, people don't get ANY credit for their spam. If I just close them, they still get the free posts
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Sounds like an idea.

But, for the sake of archiving the past, couldn't you give each of them a -10 posts PCR or something? Rather worthless though isn't it. I just don't like to see posts go.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

It's easier to delete the thread then give all offenders a minor PCR... plus, it's only fitting... you lose the number you posted
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yes, but in the future someone might want to read that thread.

Comment

I guess some people would want to read spam and illegal posts on this board, but to what end, I have no idea.

Are you really that bored mrmitchell?
                badams

Comment

If he wasn't he wouldn't be posting here.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

badams--

Occasionally a few spam threads are hilarious and should be kept for humour value. However, I haven't seen the mods actually _delete_ those threads (that I have seen), so it's okay.

Comment

why is this thread not closed?

Comment

Because they're planning to delete it?

Comment

It is a valid question that comes every few months. Just trying to keep people informed
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming, from my experience with vB, it sometimes takes 2 or 3 times to delete a thread.

Now I ask your experience (I was never crooked enough to check ) If you posts get deleted 2 or 3 times if the above should occur

Comment

I think the way Ming is currently doing it is the best way.
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X