Spell check broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell check broken?

Hold on, is this spell check feature new? I've never noticed it... (maybe it's a suggestion )

Maybe someone has mentioned this before, but when you click the nice little button, you get a pop-up with the words:
    This site's subscription to SpellChecker.net has expired. The webmaster for this site can renew their subscription by visiting www.SpellChecker.net
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

MattH and MattHiggs - this is confusing

I didn't think that spellcheck had worked for ages...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How many people would use if it did work?

I know I never have or will use it.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I never have or will use it because I have one behind my eyes!
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Another Spell Checker thread.

No, it doesn't work. No, it hasn't worked in ages. No, Markos or Dan won't get rid of it.

Comment

Well, at least no-one was betting on when the next spell-check thread would come
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

March 29, 2004

It's been broken for years.

Comment

I've never even had the link do anything

Comment

I can remember back when it did work but it was a long long time ago.

I'm pretty sure that OT posts still added to your post count back then
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                    March 29, 2004

As to the spellcheker just lurn to spell you ignoramous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                      I can remember back when it did work but it was a long long time ago.

I'm pretty sure that OT posts still added to your post count back then
                      back when we lived in caves?

Comment

living in caves?

what a good idea.
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I didn't even know it existed. Guess I wasn't here when it was working. (I might not have used it, but it was sure nice to have that option to choose from. )
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It's only visible with certain themes.
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Basically they only need to comment out two small sections of HTML code in two templates in order to remove those remainants from the now obsolete free service by SpellChecker.net. Of course, you could use their subscription based service, but it would be far too expensive for Apolyton, in comparison to the advantage gain.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X