Diplomacy prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy prob

Maybe I missed something somewhere, but how do i improve my reputation with other civs? I'm tired to hear in the late stage of the game that my request are denied because i betrayed someone thousands of years ago

trades with resources are really good or when youre giving them gold per turn... whenever they're getting something from you... or tributes of something like gold... maybe tribute something dumb like horses when they arent needed anymore...
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

BulMaster: AFAIK there is nothing you can do to repair your reputation. Once you've broken a deal or betrayed someone the AI will remember for the rest of the game.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

LOL Thoth I knew it but in a small corner of my gian brain there was a little brain cell telling when i was sleeping: "and what if there was a way?" guess i will have to get a hit on the head and hope that the little cell is dead

Comment

one of the dumbest pieces of code in the game IMO.. Even if the target civ wiped the civ that was betrayed in 3000 bc off the map they still won't agree to that particular deal for the rest of the freaking game citing your history with their 'friends' of all things. One finger slip and reputation screwup and I reload/start over. Even knowing how not to mess up reputation I still do it accidentally about 1 in 20 games..
          ~I like eggs.~

Comment

BulMaster: Look on the bright side, you get one free betrayal per game..........make it count.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

one of the dumbest pieces of code in the game IMO.. Even if the target civ wiped the civ that was betrayed in 3000 bc off the map they still won't agree to that particular deal for the rest of the freaking game citing your history with their 'friends' of all things. One finger slip and reputation screwup and I reload/start over. Even knowing how not to mess up reputation I still do it accidentally about 1 in 20 games..
              What's worse is even though the computer will remember one little historical war thousands of years ago but cannot remember thousands of years of good deeds. The computer doesn't understand historical friends. In this one game I'd been great friends with the Iroquois for thousands of years. I'd given them tons of tributes, fought alongside them in several wars, never fought them or did anything that could hurt rep and then they declared war on me.
              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I agree completely, except maybe there should be a spy technique that shows the human player if the AI might attack them in the next 20 turns.. kinda like getting the word of the people about how they like your civ instead of just the political politeness in the diplomacy screen..
                ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod

What's worse is even though the computer will remember one little historical war thousands of years ago but cannot remember thousands of years of good deeds. The computer doesn't understand historical friends. In this one game I'd been great friends with the Iroquois for thousands of years. I'd given them tons of tributes, fought alongside them in several wars, never fought them or did anything that could hurt rep and then they declared war on me.

Nah I don't agree in that. I mean we have so many examples that this just dosn't happen. Nations beeing friendly kill them selves years later. I could bring hundreds of examples for that. Also as Churchill said: There are no eternal friend in politics, but eternal interests! And yeah it willbe good to know what's my rept with a specified civ and what is changing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X