Official poll:HQ Base name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official poll:HQ Base name

There have been five suggestions. One vote each please. Abstain and Xenobanana option also included.
    Crux Australis
    14.29%
    Nautilus Cove
    28.57%
    Peace Haven
    0.00%
    Port Peace
    28.57%
    Tripoli
    28.57%
    Abstain
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Fall Tripoli, Fall!

Hahahahaha!

PS: Who is the "genious" who suggested "Xenobanana." I beleive nerve stapling is in good order.
    "War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
    -Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"

Comment

Cap'n my parrot jumped on my mouse and clicked for me : I meant to hit PEACE Haven....*gives parrot evil look* so disregard the CA vote
      But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantian
        PS: Who is the "genious" who suggested "Xenobanana." I beleive nerve stapling is in good order.

There's actually a thread about that in the Community forums...
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Guess we need a new poll. What I propose is a multi poll that will allow us each 2 votes in each section.

The poll would cover HQ name (the three tied above), News media name and Cap'n Anon name.

If I can't get three in the one poll well then I 'll do two polls, unless there is a clear winner in the threads.

Comment

We could always just change the name of the capital every so often, like when a new 'watch' starts, they could change the name(s) if they felt like it - it would give everyone a chance to have a name they liked once in a while. We'll probably settle in on one or two eventually anyway. We could do the same with Cap'n Barbaroosa / Black Bart / Cap'n Ahab too. That way, if we talk about their names in any of the public forums, the other players might get confused. We could even rename regular bases from time to time - all those messages 'Kelp, Forest, Fungus grows at ...' would have many different names attached to them; if any of our opponents are compulsively keeping track off all the names, they would think we had a lot more bases than we did. Maki could reuse portions of her maps, only with some different names in the Shipping News to 'gin' up extra confusion. Of course, while we are sowing confusion, we should throw out a batch of actual info once in a while too.

Comment

Interesting proposal Cap'n BB. Didn't realise you had such an anarchic side to you, though you had hinted at it earlier.

I suppose as long as some of us keep track of changes. We still do need a degree of co-ordination somewhere along the line as we grow.

And pirate members do need a role, beyond clan leaders. FlameFlash is interested in Diplomacy, but there's other pirate posts of seniority.

Anyhow open to further views so lets have them.

A new player, the charmingly named The PlagueRat has indicated he wishes to join our faction. So he will be joining us as soon as he forwards his email address.

Comment

Too bad I came here late, or I would have voted Xenobanana!
                My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                  Interesting proposal Cap'n BB. Didn't realise you had such an anarchic side to you, though you had hinted at it earlier.

I suppose as long as some of us keep track of changes. We still do need a degree of co-ordination somewhere along the line as we grow.
                  Really do have to make sure they're kept track of if we follow that route... I'd prefer not, but it'll be up to the majority.

And pirate members do need a role, beyond clan leaders. FlameFlash is interested in Diplomacy, but there's other pirate posts of seniority.
                  And there should be more of a fight for all of them! I'm also interested in military tactics: Air Combat once that becomes available.

Anyhow open to further views so lets have them.

A new player, the charmingly named The PlagueRat has indicated he wishes to join our faction. So he will be joining us as soon as he forwards his email address.
                  Glad he's aboard now... hope to see that new poll up soon.
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003, 11:11.

Comment

Working...
                    X