Mod vs Direct X Surface Unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod vs Direct X Surface Unavailable

Not sure if this is the correct area to put this in... but just wondering if I am putting 2 and 2 together to make 15 or not...

I took the advise of all the modders and finally tweaked the humans so that they were what I wanted... I customized my race, but the only one's with the picks that I wanted were the harvesters... and I really wanted to try the diplomacy. Long story short, did it, it works great, but some games start creating, and on the galactic map creation time/screen/thing, that is when the direct X surface unavailable error comes up. I restart the game, and usually I don't have it again... it almost seems random... or is it just when the race I customized/tweaked is put in the game? Anyone have any ideas?

From some account its happens when your saved game files reach a certain number. I dont have the game yet (UK based) but believe it auto saves every turn?
    Once they get to 92 (or something like that) the error occurs.
    Try turning the auto save off (can you do that?) or deleting some.
    EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

This might fix it for you:-

EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

I have had 2 of 3 versions of this bug - the random, in-the-middle-of-the-game kind (although mine was usually within the first 5 minutes of playing) and the click-load-and-crash kind. The first was solved (for me!) by turning graphics acceleration entirely off (move that slider bar alll the way to the left). The second by deleting some save games. There appears to be a third kind of DX surface unavailable bug that I haven't had, that happens after you click the turn button. *shrug*

Hope that helps.

Comment

mine started happening recently when adjusting tf load out

Daduke

Comment

I solved my direct x surface error when I turn the graphic settleing down from hight to medium settleing.
            By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Remember if you get any error at all, it will appear as a direct x surface error because the real error will kill the moo3 window. If you are editing a mob file you must be careful of something. I haven't figured out exactly what that is it yet. If you open it in winrar and then defaultly put files into it, you will get an invalid file as far as moo is concerned. Perhaps turning off compression will do the trick, but people seem to be using winzip to do it.

Comment

This remaind me of the old BASIC error message when you either use READ or input error message, it normal didnot mean you read or input statement where wrong it mostly meant there was than error somewhere in your DATA statement, it I understand this correctly.
                By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I have been able to get back to where I was after the Direct X failure by {Ctrl_Alt_Esc} and I am back in the game. No more restart nd loading the last autosave.

Comment

Working...
                  X