Originally posted by Shiber
Republic is closer then ever, but there is still much work to be done. I've started this thread so that we can compile a to-do list of things that must be done before we can switch to Republic.
I will update this top thread according to people's suggestions.
We can start the discussion with this:
Republic To-Do List
- Marketplace at Here It Is (currently costs 232 gold to rush) or entertainer.
- I've looked into this for the CP orders and the best way is Specialist, Taxman to be precise. Production & Revenue will not be affected
Taxman looks best. Again, production & Revenue will not be affected.
- Marketplace at Gaia (currently costs 272 gold to rush) or entertainer.
We'll need to Rush a Temple there this turn (for 116 Lytons), just before OPD hits the Revolution Button. It will also need the taxman & Entertainer. The city will have 1 to 2 workers come from it's rankes by the time it has a road to it.
- A road to New York or specialists (1 entertainer, 1 tax man).
We'll need to Rush the Worker for 24 Lytons and have a taxman. It will then be working on the settler for the next Uber Island city site.
- Boom Town goes below 3 citizens by rushing the worker (currently costs 24 gold to rush). Alternatively we can use an entertainer.
We will just NEED to rush two buildings (for 140 Lytons total) and change city production in 4 CIties with no adverse effect to our income/science rate. Godking has asked me to do the CP orders for this next turnchant and that's what I plan to have in my orders. The only amugidity that I'll have is instructions if we are not going to Republic in the timeing that I'll be figuring on. I'll be basing most of my orders on the main assumption that OPD will press the Revolution button just before this turn ends, not after.
- Current treasury: 284 gold.
- Current income: 130 gpt.
- Expected income after Republic ~160 gpt (before marketplaces).
At the moment my conclusion is that we need to purchase the marketplace in Gaia this turn while also turning citizens into specialists as listed above (in Gaia too, since the marketplace will begin to affect the population only after 540 AD).
Remember: each turn that we delay Republic, we lose approximately 30 gold! We must switch ASAP, preferably this turn.
Long Live Apolytonia!
[Edited for spelling]