No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: New city view look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, GIDustin, could it be done something to keep both stressed colours and good shades of colour? Perhaps you could modify your Photoshop template to transform files without the brownish effect...

If you think it cannot be done, or you have not enough time, I'll release final version as we said before: Old files for grassland, your files in any other case. According to the files we have now, I think it is the best idea.

Comment

• Ok, I think it's time to release final version. I think that current files were good enough, and so no further modifications are really needed. So, I have submitted to Dan the "final" version of the mod. It includes all the files needed: Filler files, Player1 Road Files, and Background files. Regarding the latter, I took old files for grassland tiles and new GIDustin edited files in any other case.

So, I hope one only file including the whole mod (6Mb) will be posted here soon. It will be a kind of Xmas gift for you all.

Comment

• [SIZE=1] It will be a kind of Xmas gift for you all.

-- Then it seems I have the honor of being the first to thank you

Happy Holidays Indeed,

Ozymandias
        ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

• Full Zip
          Last edited by Gramphos; December 23, 2002, 16:25.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I only get a file not found. Gramphos?
            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

• So my finger slipped missing one letter
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• So, here you have the "final" version (I hope!) of NewCityView.

First of all, I'd like to thank Player1 and GIDustin for they great collaboration.

And, of course, all of you, for your helpful comments during the development of the mod.

Now, I have a PhD thesis to finish, so I think I'll be retired for a period...

Enjoy it!

Comment

• Thanks!
                  Last edited by player1; December 23, 2002, 21:09.

Comment

• Warning!

There is small bug with metroplis graphic for cities on flood-plains.

See the pic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• By the way, after some playing with this MOD, I think that for next version (when you get some time), you need to shrink number of background buildings in town graphic (there are at least several blocks of buildings that are better to be removed completly). That would also fix "buildings outside the walls" problem.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, I take note for future versions.

Regarding the other problem (flood-plains): Yes, I also noticed when I tested it. The problem is that this is the only place to put the highway. On the right, it would overlap with the Oracle (if your city have it). On the left, it would cross the waters (if your city is identified as "island" by Civ3 - more than x tiles are sea in the city radius).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ismailov
                          Regarding the other problem (flood-plains): Yes, I also noticed when I tested it. The problem is that this is the only place to put the highway. On the right, it would overlap with the Oracle (if your city have it). On the left, it would cross the waters (if your city is identified as "island" by Civ3 - more than x tiles are sea in the city radius).
                          So there is no way of fixing it?

Comment

• Actually, there is a way to fix it: Modifying a bit file D-H20-RiverFore-FP.pcx ("Fore of the river in desert tiles with flood plains") existing in your art/city view/backgrounds folder. However, I recommend it as a "personal" fix: The mod is already 6 Mb long, and it should be avoided to enlarge it any more, or a CD would be needed to distribute it...

Otherwise, you can imagine that the highway is flooded with sand because of the long winds

Comment

• Just to know.

That file has size of 111KB.
                              75KB if zipped.

Comment

• Hmmm... Ok, it's not so long. In spite that I would like to fix it, I cannot do it now (I convinced myself that I have to STOP for a period; my girlfriend and my PhD will thank it). So, if you want to do it (or anybody else), its ok...

I'll visit the thread periodically to take note of the bugs you all would like to report. Of course, I'd be pleased if anybody want to go on with the mod, fixing bugs, adding new stuff, or anything else...

And Merry Xmas!

Last edited by Ismailov; December 24, 2002, 06:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X