Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem
    I just tried version 92 with the new patch and it came up "invalid format", so it looks like you'll need to update MultiTool again.
    I have 0.93.5, and it opens, but the SGM is greyed out.

I had to stare at the clock waiting for the patch to come, and now I'm looking all over waiting for the new SGM...

Sorry Gramphos, I'm not complaining. It'll take me at least 15 minutes to go through the new editor so you've got a little time.

Comment

• Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by RedBird

I have 0.93.5, and it opens, but the SGM is greyed out.

I had to stare at the clock waiting for the patch to come, and now I'm looking all over waiting for the new SGM...

Sorry Gramphos, I'm not complaining. It'll take me at least 15 minutes to go through the new editor so you've got a little time.

Have you tried loading one of the new bic files though? I just tried 93.5, and it doesn't recognize the bic version. I also tried it with the compression on, but it came up with "wrong format".

Comment

• v0.94 is OUT

v0.94
        - Disabled things that definately not will work with the game. If you find more features to disable: Just drop a line to my email: gramphos@apolyton.net
        - SGE: The names of the civs can be changed
        - Updated to support BIC version 4.01
        - Problem with Player Data BIC entries in Saves corrected (A bug corrupted the entire save when saving back)
        - Updated to support saves for v1.29f (hopefully) (I've only changed it to support the new BICs and the rest seems to have got by itselves)

Currently only English, and just posted here.

In this post I attach the previous version (if you get any prioblems).
        Attached Files
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Thanks Gramphos. I haven't tried it yet, so remember the saying "No news, is good news" if I don't post here again.

BTW, it's still labelled 93.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
            BTW, it's still labelled 93.5.
            Willem, he posted the old version here (two posts above me). The 0.94 version is at the top of this forum. Go to page 1 of this forum, and go to the bottom of the Gramphos' first post.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedBird

Willem, he posted the old version here (two posts above me). The 0.94 version is at the top of this forum. Go to page 1 of this forum, and go to the bottom of the Gramphos' first post.
              Why thank you for clearing that up for me.

Comment

• That version is if you get problems. (Or forget to change to English if you use any other language)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                  That version is if you get problems. (Or forget to change to English if you use any other language)
                  Gramphos, I installed by simply extracting the files from the zip on top of the 0.93.5 version. SGE works fine, but I'm getting a "Not a recognized format" (followed by a error: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range") when using the UCW on my (new) civ3mod.bic file, or on .bic's made from the new civ3mod.bic. Also, when trying to load an old bic, my disk activity light pegs solid, and, so far, for the duration of my typing this mail message, C3MT has not opened the old .bic. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the UCW last time I tried. Looks like this time too.
                  Last edited by RedBird; July 30, 2002, 00:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedBird

Gramphos, I installed by simply extracting the files from the zip on top of the 0.93.5 version. SGE works fine, but I'm getting a "Not a recognized format" (followed by a error: "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range") when using the UCW on my (new) civ3mod.bic file, or on .bic's made from the new civ3mod.bic. Also, when trying to load an old bic, my disk activity light pegs solid, and, so far, for the duration of my typing this mail message, C3MT has not opened the old .bic. I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the UCW last time I tried. Looks like this time too.
                    Ooops I must have forgot to update it's BIC loading to use decompression. Will do that tomorrow. Until then use uncompressed bics (IE load in editor and deselect View->Options->CompressBicFiles and save)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                      Ooops I must have forgot to update it's BIC loading to use decompression. Will do that tomorrow. Until then use uncompressed bics (IE load in editor and deselect View->Options->CompressBicFiles and save)
                      Yes, that gets around the problem. Thank you!!!

Comment

• Hmmmm. I don't think I like this version.
                        When I used the save editor on it, and tried to run it, Civ 3 froze with 2%. I tried to ctrl-atl-del, and nothing happened. Pressed reset, and the screen turned black.... and nothing happened. I TURNED IT OFF, then pressed the on button again... nothing happened. After pressing restart a few times more, I could finally boot up into windows. However, I don't think I'll risk running the thing again, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                          Hmmmm. I don't think I like this version.
                          When I used the save editor on it, and tried to run it, Civ 3 froze with 2%.
                          I just loaded a .SAV, changed a vet to an elite, saved, and played it. The first time I tried this I had a problem, but the second time everything worked fine, no problems. The only thing to note is it appears that the SGE does not compress the .SAV file (2.5Mb vs. 0.25). However, the game loads the uncompressed file without problems, and then resaves a compressed version.

The only problem I had was the first time I changed a .SAV I saved the .SAV with a different name, and I got an error (sorry Gramphos for not writing it down) saying something like the file was not the same as the original. It then gave me the "Operation Complete" pop-up, but the newly named save was not present, and the original was 0 bytes!

However, I was not able to reproduce this error either by saving the changed .SAV over the same name or with a different name so I'll chalk it up to a fluke.

Comment

• Hey Gramphos by any chance do you plan to add support to your multi-tool to "patch" the civilopodia.txt and pediaicons.txt files for mods?

What I mean is this. People want to make scenarios with exchanged leaders and new civs which need new leaders. This can be done non-destructively if they simply give their new civs or changed civs some unique civolopdia entry rather than just RACE_SPANISH or RACE_FRENCH for example:
                            RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH or if that doesnt work they
                            can for sure just use (RACE_MODNAMESPANISH)

Then Im also pretty sure that the art files in pediaicons.txt since it gives a semi-full path name need not go directly into the /art folder. It could for example call:
                            #RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH
                            scenarios\Modname\Phillip.pcx
                            scenarios\Modname\Phillip_all.pcx

The result is that each mod/scenario could have its own references to artwork without interfering with the original game or other mods.

The only catch is it would require the end users to manually edit and add the entries to the civilopdia.txt and pediaicons.txt. This could easily be gotten around by making a "patch file" that uses something like this as its syntax:
                            #File
                            pediaicons.txt (file to modify)
                            #START (section to modify)
                            #RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH (header to modify)
                            #End

Then it would just open the files, check for the entries, if they aren't there add them without touching anything else, if they are there it could report it as an error or ask the user to overwrite them or cancel.

Im asking if your planning anything like that cause if your not, Ill work on it, but I dont want to waste my time duplicating your effort

Comment

• I went ahead and converted my own work, and it does work as expected

Just have to be sure to change the .flc files in the civ section of the editor to match the new path

Civolopedia entry for french = RACE_WERV_MOD_FRENCH
                              Leader animations = Scenarios\Wervdon\Napolean.flc

Added civolopedia.txt entry for WERV_MOD_FRENCH (cut/paste)

Added entries for WERV_MOD_FRENCH to pediaicons.txt
                              #RACE_WERV_MOD_FRENCH
                              Scenarios\Wervdon\Napolean.pcx
                              Scenarios\Wervdon\Napolean_all.pcx

Works like a charm with that scenario france is ruled by napolean, in the normal game Joan like always

And with an easy way to "patch" the two text files, installation would be easy as you just unzip the bic and its art folder (this one was named after me "wervdon") into scenarios and its ready to go....

Then in the

Comment

• Originally posted by wervdon
                                Hey Gramphos by any chance do you plan to add support to your multi-tool to "patch" the civilopodia.txt and pediaicons.txt files for mods?

What I mean is this. People want to make scenarios with exchanged leaders and new civs which need new leaders. This can be done non-destructively if they simply give their new civs or changed civs some unique civolopdia entry rather than just RACE_SPANISH or RACE_FRENCH for example:
                                RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH or if that doesnt work they
                                can for sure just use (RACE_MODNAMESPANISH)

Then Im also pretty sure that the art files in pediaicons.txt since it gives a semi-full path name need not go directly into the /art folder. It could for example call:
                                #RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH

The result is that each mod/scenario could have its own references to artwork without interfering with the original game or other mods.

The only catch is it would require the end users to manually edit and add the entries to the civilopdia.txt and pediaicons.txt. This could easily be gotten around by making a "patch file" that uses something like this as its syntax:
                                #File
                                pediaicons.txt (file to modify)
                                #START (section to modify)
                                #RACE_MODNAME_SPANISH (header to modify)
                                #End

Then it would just open the files, check for the entries, if they aren't there add them without touching anything else, if they are there it could report it as an error or ask the user to overwrite them or cancel.

Im asking if your planning anything like that cause if your not, Ill work on it, but I dont want to waste my time duplicating your effort
                                I've that on my wishlist, but right now I don't have so mush time to work on new features. Also I would want to make a stand alone C++ tool for it that could be used as installer so that my MultiTool wouldn't be required by the end-term user.

Comment

Working...
                                X