"unable to allocate draw buffer error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "unable to allocate draw buffer error"

Is this some sort of bug or is my computer junk?

AMD Athlon 850
    512 k
    all in wonder radeon 32m
    win 98 (up to date)

The game crashes about every half hour (seems like every time i get to the year XX90 ie 390 490 etc. and says "unable to allocate draw buuffer error".

1.17 is installed

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks.

How mush RAM do you have?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

sorry

the 512 was mb not k

does it possibly have something to do with the number of fonts i have loaded?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken King
        sorry

the 512 was mb not k

does it possibly have something to do with the number of fonts i have loaded?

thanks

I thought that was the cash memory.

The fact that it can't allocate drawbuffer usully meains that the graphic of RAM memory has run out... But unless You have many other windows up running at the same time I don't think your mamory would run out.

What DirectX version do you have?

Comment

full on, like 8.1 or whatever the newest is.

i do think i am having a problem with my ram in that it doesn't seem to clear on its own-but when it gets down to like 100 i use "tweak all" and clear it to around 300.

thanks (i feel like an idiot)

Comment

So, you have run a lot of things before starting Civ3, ad maybe still have man things running in the back... Than that should explain it . Do you know how to get it to work now?

Comment

In my opinion, a little snippy with that last response. All I had/have running in the background are things like norton auto-virus and things of that nature. I don't think i implied i was running photoshop/downloading tunes/burning a cd/printing an essay AND playing civ, did i?
              Nonetheless, i discovered what the problem was. I did not have the newest driver for my video card (ati alli in wonder radeon). Thanks for your "help".

Comment

Your gratefulness to the guy who spends 100s of hours in this forum helping people is noted.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Look dude,

I appreciate that this guy spends "100's of hours" helping people, i just think he was a little condescending with the and all. Not everyone is Bill Gates (or insert your own computer geek/genius here) you know. I just want to play the damn game.

Comment

Working...
                  X