Battleship attach anim
To keep the units accessible by one page, I opened another thread.
Battleship attach anim
Battleship death anim
Last Battleship graphics
Figured the City graphics maybe of interest. Also in the Civ3 files section Sn00py has a great set of Civ3 terrain graphics. I'm going try with TileEdit to get familiar with it.
I took a look on the city pictures, here are the things that I noticed:
1. The the size of the city graphics is larger in comparision to the size of CTP1/2 city graphics. Therefore you have to shrink them down a little bit. Maybe you could ask Martin the Dane if it is possible to make a *.til file that contains larger terrain graphics. Than you could keep the size.
2. The colors of the city graphics are not very bright. I like brigth colors. But that should be no problem if you don't like bright colors.
3. There are no shadows for the city graphics, OK for the cities it dosn't hurt so much.
4. The Civ3 *.pcx files are 8 bit and 255 colors pictures, the CTP2 *.tif files are 24 bit including alpha channel and 16 million color pictures.
5. The CTP1/2 sprite format is a compressed format in comparision to these Civ3 *.pcx files that looks uncompressed. Therefore my conclusion Civ3 needs a lot more space for graphics than CTP2 and the quality of these graphics is a great deal below the CTP2 standart.
Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"
Thanks for the info Martin. Are you going to check out the Civ3 Units and try to put them into CTP2 sprites? I suggetsed in my other thread that these units should be the sprite series 300.
below are the bomber graphics
bomber death graphics
Bowman, the babylonian unique unit
caravel death anim
catapult (although I think CTP2's is fine)
cavalry (looks similar to CTP2)
2nd half of cav graphics
russian unique unit the cossack
Last edited by Pedrunn; December 27, 2001 at 06:43.
"Kill a man and you are a murder.
Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
Kill all and you are a God!"
hi the big mc here I have had a problem with downloading the following
and the destroyer
will you check them out and get back to me I will be ready for any more of the units soon to be made into the tga for them
"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
Visit the big mc’s website
Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
"I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis
It's been a long time since I've been in the CtP2 forums. I've moved on to Civ3 (sorry ). Anyway, the reason for me coming over here is to see if anyone has tried or knows how to convert (and/or deconstruct) CtP sprites and change them back into Civ3 flic animations.
The biggest thing I'd be interested in is simply having the deconstructed units so that I'd have all the different facings of the unit. These could be brought over to the Civ3 forums; I know there are people there talented enough to turn 'em into flics for Civ3.
Since someone has accomplished just the opposite, perhaps my proposition is a possibility.
Is this even possible?
By the way, CtP graphics were DEFINITELY much nicer than Civ3 graphics. Oh well. There are some things are miss about CtP (esp. real armies), but alas, Civ3 is fun and has some interesting things of its own. It's too bad that the great things from CtP could not be incorporated into Civ3. What a great game that would be. I'm sure this has been discussed before. Sorry to bother you.