Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A problem with the foreign advisor screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem with the foreign advisor screen.

Hello.

I'm having a problem viewing the diplomacy lines in the foreign advisor screen. I scanned the forums and found that someone's lines disappeared after resetting the resolution (I'm probably wrong, and I've forgotten where I found that comment); at any rate, I tried adding the "keepres=1" line in the ini file and keeping my resolution at 1024x768 at 16bit. Neither worked.

I thought that it could possibly be that I was running directx 7 (not terribly possible, but I'm no techie) so I upgraded to the latest version, but it's still the same.

This isn't a huge problem, but it is annoying and keeps me from enjoying some of the diplomatic manuevering in the game. I can't tell if the Egyptians are chummy with the Romans (right of passage agreement) or they're hankering to get some of that fine roman wine (blatant war for resources - or maybe by pretext if they were a democracy )

I would love any suggestions.

here are my specs:

pentium 2 450
    win98
    I think I have an old ATI rage pro
    mag innovision 19" monitor

ps perhaps there is another way to see foreign relationships? If there is, I missed it in the manual.

Don't know what to say, except I hope you had the check boxes with X's in them to turn on the appropriate lines.

I had a different problem. In my game, the position on the right is invisible! If I select the spot there is a purple or red spot where Hammurabi's face should be. No lines are drawn to his spot either, but all 7 other civs in the game are fine.
    eof

Comment

Growler,

In the buglist there's a listing of this problem - with him it was linked to having destroyed the civ with that position in a previous game. Apparently the only way to get the picture back was to delete (move?) all saved games (including autosaves) and start a new game.
      How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

Comment

Working...
      X