help me out here.. there is something i cant get to my head..
- normal bomber has bombard strength of 8 and rate of fire of 3 and operational range of 6
- stealth bomber has bombard strength of 8 and rate of fire of 3
and operational range of 8
now.. why on earth are those so similar?
lets compare.. B-17, probably the best bomber in ww2
- it could carry a payload of ~9000 kgs = ~20000 lbs
- it could travel 2000 miles (3200km) with 5000 lbs (2200kg) payload without refueling
ok, lets compare it to the modern stealth bomber, B-2
- it can carry a payload of 40,000 pounds (~18,000 kilograms)
(either conventional, precision bombs or nuclear)
- it is intercontinental aircraft (refueled in air) and by the time your civilization developes stealth, it probably has the knowledge of refueling a plane in mid-air
and one other thing.. why wasnt i able to set the operational range of planes with civ3 editor to higher than 8? am i doing something wrong or is it the max