JA
    22.22%
    NEIN
    44.44%
    Nothing to see here. Just some German Banana
    11.11%
    Ich bin zu dumm, um zu stimmen
    22.22%
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

The poly I joined seventeen years ago is kaput, but so is pretty much everything else that I was a part of seventeen years ago and so I'd have to be an idiot to think that poly would be an exception

Whether today's poly will be a suitable replacement for yesterday's poly is highly dependent on the number of database corruptions we face in our immediate future [smilie to indicate that I'm sort of half joking]
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I hope not, I'd definitely miss our Poly fantasy sports leagues

golf and baseball are coming up

Comment

About half of the apolytoners that I still see and care about, I see much more often (in some cases solely) on FB. At some point, if I don't see anyone on apolyton that I care about that I don't see on FB, I will stop visiting apolyton.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          Whether today's poly will be a suitable replacement for yesterday's poly is highly dependent on the number of database corruptions we face in our immediate future [smilie to indicate that I'm sort of half joking]
          Is there any particular database corruption you're hoping for?

Comment

I'll donate twenty bucks if everybody's avatars were "accidentally" replaced with dickgirls

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

On the main topic - it feels that there is nothing to discuss, we already know what everyone else thinks. Few people are still getting a kick out of Ben or Kid - otherwise, looks like it has all been decided.

Pro/anti religion, Trump, Clinton, gay marriage, war, Russia, super duper surveillance state, food, drinking and Civ VI (crap).

It's sort of a shame, as I much prefer this format to anything else on the net, not to mention that the people here are better informed/intelligent than internet average which is closer to Ben level, who is kind of an outlier here.

Comment

I just can't get on board with the "facebook is making forums obsolete" zeitgeist even though it seems to be ubiquitous. My idea of a good time is being able to post a thread about a dream I had where I farted myself to death that then gets hijacked into a discussion about who the worst Pope was, and facebook is the wrong media for that sort of thing to happen.

Comment

... plus my family and customers read my Facebook posts ... so I have to behave

Comment

Trump will make everything great again, including Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                        About half of the apolytoners that I still see and care about, I see much more often (in some cases solely) on FB. At some point, if I don't see anyone on apolyton that I care about that I don't see on FB, I will stop visiting apolyton.

JM
                        This is what happened to Forumwarz. Skype, Facebook, and other off-site venues took the entire poasting commmunity away. The Forums are now a graveyard and the game is broken and not supported anymoar. As users formed into klans they got together off-site and eventually left the Chat-room and forums altogether. Not to mention the owners gradually banned all the popular and interesting poasters for stupid infractions (DL's were a permaban offense with no possibility of parole.) I had a long-standing argument with the main owner that it was the community and not the game that kept the site active, yet my warnings went unanswered.

I was right.
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

It's probably not even safe to poast there now as their version of Ruby on Rails was last updated in 2010 or so.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                            This is what happened to Forumwarz. Skype, Facebook, and other off-site venues took the entire poasting commmunity away. The Forums are now a graveyard and the game is broken and not supported anymoar. As users formed into klans they got together off-site and eventually left the Chat-room and forums altogether. Not to mention the owners gradually banned all the popular and interesting poasters for stupid infractions (DL's were a permaban offense with no possibility of parole.) I had a long-standing argument with the main owner that it was the community and not the game that kept the site active, yet my warnings went unanswered.

I was right.
                            facebook

Comment

nein das poly nicht kaput.

das ist faulsche

todaugh ist wewy shiny

aber das ist genralus strikus und weir was largehgh traffica

Comment

Working...
                              X