Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will America really vote for anyone to avoid a granny in a bad pants suit for President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will America really vote for anyone to avoid a granny in a bad pants suit for President?

I can't say I can blame them, fashion crimes seem to "trump" other misdemeanors

Is it going to be a reality TV Presidency?

I must renew my Fox cable
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

The answer is 'Yes".

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It's going to be epic - Trump Show!
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

White House reality show. I called it first.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'd just like to say that I really don't blame Hillary for not coming out to speak last night. She might be crooked, and this might be as much her fault as anybody else's, but this is something she was working towards her whole life, and she just lost it in very nearly the most humiliating fashion possible. The fact that she brought much of it on herself and on the nation must have been weighing very heavily. In her place, I'd be crying like a lost child. I certainly wouldn't have been up to walking out in public and putting on a show of concession, knowing full well that every sign of weakness or weariness would be seized as an example of why dumb broads have no place in government. And I do have to respect her for calling on everybody to accept the results today.

Even if she is a favor-peddling warhawk.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So far all the speeches (Trump, Hillary, Obama) have been good.

Comment

My son, who is involved in politics on the Australian version of the Repub side I might add, got into a scuffle on election night with Trump supporters.

I told him a lot of people thought Reagan was going to start WWIII but his presidency didn't turn out so bad.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

It was a disaster for many. But a generation ago.

Great to see you here, Horsie!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

AAHZ's-Theory™ is that Hillary lost because the Black Lives Matter movement and riots drove the White working-class independents over the edge.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                    AAHZ's-Theory™ is that Hillary lost because the Black Lives Matter movement and riots drove the White working-class independents over the edge.
                    Being a white working class independent,No.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      I'd just like to say that I really don't blame Hillary for not coming out to speak last night. She might be crooked, and this might be as much her fault as anybody else's, but this is something she was working towards her whole life, and she just lost it in very nearly the most humiliating fashion possible. The fact that she brought much of it on herself and on the nation must have been weighing very heavily. In her place, I'd be crying like a lost child. I certainly wouldn't have been up to walking out in public and putting on a show of concession, knowing full well that every sign of weakness or weariness would be seized as an example of why dumb broads have no place in government. And I do have to respect her for calling on everybody to accept the results today.

Even if she is a favor-peddling warhawk.
                      To me, she still should have gone out and thanked her supporters. They were just as devastated. They deserved better from her. If it was truly about the country and her supporters she should have sucked it up and done it. The fact she didn't makes you think it was all about her.

Telling everyone to accept it was her only choice after all the noise she gave Trump for his comments that he might not. But it still came off as classy.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Interesting that in both their campaigns, the only time HRC and Al Gore came across as natural, human, and likable was when conceding.

Coincidence? I think not.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hi JR

What some dems aren't facing is it was Hobson's choice. HRC was just a terrible pick, charmless.

Comment

Hi AH! Nice to see you back in circulation.

Are you back in Oz, or still posted to some obscure island?

Comment

yeah I'm back in Oz, two sons at uni, one just left school, one at boarding school. They all live in Sydney. Wifie and I live in Canberra, for work reasons - or to support their fabulous lifestyle depending on how you look at it.

The one who just finished school is with us till he finds his feet. We go to Sydney all the time - have a house there. I'm kind of transition to retirement (I think). I would like to just go fishing right now but I can't yet. I haven't been fishing all year damnit

This is the function where my oldest son got into a scuffle, as a kind of bouncer (he was a comp swimmer and is a solid unit). He helped organise it with the friends of the USA society at uni. The US consulate staff came along. My boy is President of the UN society amongst other things, a student journalist, has his own web site on international affairs. I used to wipe his ass and tie on his fishing hooks

Donald Trump supporters at a Sydney University election party were kicked out by security after they unleashed a tirade of derogatory comments about women.
                              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 11, 2016, 18:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X