Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giblets View Post
    there's thousands of versions of Christianity
    Perhaps with "only one way to practice a religion" Kid means, to exterminate all other religions/sects
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
      there's thousands of versions of Christianity
      There's only true Christianity, just like there is only one way to follow Jesus.

Likewise , there is only one way to follow Muhammad.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Oh, do enlighten us on the specifics.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Oh, do enlighten us on the specifics.
          The biggest difference is that Jesus didn't force people to obey him. In fact he let them crucify him. Muhammad forced people to obey him. He told his followers to. That's Islam.

Was Muhammad a feminist? You tell me.

Comment

Jesus didn't tell his followers to follow him? I seem to recall a lot of bible verses where Jesus tells people to follow him (and/or Him)

Comment

And to totally break their ties with their familie, because they (i.e. the families) are the (spiritually) dead ones
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Jesus didn't tell his followers to follow him? I seem to recall a lot of bible verses where Jesus tells people to follow him (and/or Him)
                He did tell his followers to follow him. He just didn't force them.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  And to totally break their ties with their familie, because they (i.e. the families) are the (spiritually) dead ones
                  Hyperbole, but most people pretty much ignore this teaching. You're suppose to treat people that you aren't related to just like family.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Hyperbole, but most people pretty much ignore this teaching.
                    So the one true way to follow a religion is to just ignore the uncomfortable bits?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      So the one true way to follow a religion is to just ignore the uncomfortable bits?
                      Plz read the thread. You're the second person who has made a comment like this, and this isn't even a long thread.

Comment

Plz read the thread. You're the second person who has made a comment like this, and this isn't even a long thread.
                        It was a followup to the first comment and your reply.

Comment

It was a followup to the first comment and your reply.
                          If you read the thread you will answer your own question.

Comment

If you read the thread you will answer your own question.
                            Seek and ye shall find.

Comment

Seek and ye shall find.
                              Stupid is what stupid does.

Comment

Hyperbole, but most people pretty much ignore this teaching. You're suppose to treat people that you aren't related to just like family.
                                But I should hate my family

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26)

Although probably unless my family are my neighbors

"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:3)

Comment

Working...
                                X