• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    My X chromosome
    Why do you even care?

Comment

Le candidat à la primaire de la droite pour 2017 était en déplacement dans le Val-d'Oise, à Franconville. Il a dénoncé "l'islam extrémiste et politique".

Video Edited by Ming...

PLEASE don't include videos that self start.
      THANK YOU

Me: I didn't know it would self start. It was a suprise for me too

Dans un extrait d'archive de l'INA, l'ex président, François Mitterrand, énumère la multitude d'origines que le peuple français possède.
      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; October 26, 2016, 12:39. Reason: MING :mad: :D

Comment

1,7 "unassigned" is referring to alien DNA /Mulder
        Blah

Comment

So how reliable is this stuff or is it a scam to take your money?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm assuming it is as valid as those family tree scams that purport to do research. Meaning zilch.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

First site I checked.

A group of scientists now offers a public warning that these ancestry tests have little scientific backing, and are often so unreliable and inaccurate that they amount to "genetic astrology."
              So yeah, sounds about right.

And they range from 100-300 dollars. Pretty good scam.

Professors David Balding and Mark Thomas of the University College London warn in a public statement from the Sense About Science campaign group that "you cannot look at DNA and read it like a book or a map of a journey" without supporting historical evidence.

Your DNA contains an enormous amount of genetic information, but most of the information that can be gleaned from it is about the genetic history of whole population - not of individual family trees.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It does sort of raise questions, now that I think of it; if individual people like Al can be such a mad patchwork--and this is presumptively the case across large swaths of the world, after centuries or millennia of war, trade, immigration, slavery, and whatnot--then what's the baseline, "pure" Italian/Ashkenazi/Middle Eastern set of genes they're comparing against? Do they arbitrarily pick some granny from the most inbred part of Tuscany to be their model Italian? Or do they take sets of genes highly characteristic of a given population (like some African pops and the sickle-cell gene), count them up, and declare them probable markers? Either approach is pretty half-ass.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yeah, you have to wonder.
                  I always laugh when I see an ad where some guy is saying, I thought I was German but I'm really Polish or something equally silly.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Funny you should say that. The town where my family surname originated has actually alternated between being in Poland and Germany several times, depending on where the border is drawn.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well I guess you'll have to blow 100 bucks to find out what you truly are.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They can't use DNA to find out personal family information. If you want to find out your roots, that requires a lot more digging. I suspect I'm probably a good part Libyan or Moroccan (which is possible for many Spanish people), but that would require actual investigation.

Companies that purport to do this are more interested in your wallet. Maybe there are some genuine investigators that can help, but these companies are a major red flag. Another example of a huge scam are the Coat of Arms companies. Its very rare a family has a coat of arms, and what they sell you is just pulled off google... Usually for $70-$100.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

poor Alby.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yes at least 100 buck poorer.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He's to 80% eurocom
                              Blah

Comment

I wouldn't tell the liberal chicks that you aren't Middle Eastern if you want to date them.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X