Sliced off the tip of my finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliced off the tip of my finger

Good knives - you don't often cut yourself, but when you do it's a doozy.

At first I just wrapped it in a bandaid and went to work the next day. But then when I tried to change the bandaid it started pouring blood again. Went to the doctor and they told me I'd cut off a big hunk of finger down to the bone, following which they rubbed coagulant into the wound, which was the third most painful experience of my life.

Fun. You know it's going to hurt when the doctor tells you "no matter how bad this burns, don't move".
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

as they say... "Wealth don't buy health."
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I have had some sort of feeling of a future event of getting cut by a knife. I have tried to make sure it doesn't become some sort of phobia.

I think I have had it for some time.

Or it might have started in 2010 when I cut myself real good (not to the bone, but a lot of blood for some time) and also got mugged by someone with a knife (in Sweden).

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I cut myself a couple times on sharp knives as a kid while doing the dishes. For a long while I got angry at anyone who left knives in the sink.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That hand is now Jewish; you'll have to pick up your BLTs with the other one.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A couple of months ago i stuck my finger in a hedge trimmer blade. About healed now. Bled like a stuck pig. Blood thinners didn't help. Good luck.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ouch ... something similar happened to my father once.

He was really realy careless/dumb when working in the garden and rearranging the cable of an electric hedge trimmer.
              Gripping it by the moving parts, not cutting power and then, when trying to lead the cable through a ladder, having the ladder come into contact with the on-switch of the trimmer.
              It nearly cut off one of his fingers, severing one of the 2 arteries supplying it with blood (had both been cut, his finger would have been lost.

Fortunately he immediately went to a nearby hospital for trauma and reconstructive surgery, where they were able to stitch everything together ...
              but he had to spend 1-2 weeks in hospital and had to run around with really thick bandages around the hand several weeks thereafter

He was extremly lucky
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You should've brought the frozen tip for reattachment ASAP.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  which was the third most painful experience of my life.
                  I'll bite.

What was the fourth and fifth?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Fourth was rolling my ankle badly - I think I tore some ligaments, but I'm not sure

Fifth was breaking my finger
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What was the second one, trying out pegging and misjudging the acceptable girth?
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Should we change your name to Stubby?
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X