No announcement yet.

maybe a bit depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree too but wish it was like that because then things would have been relaxingly simple

Comment

Whenever I get depressed I think about Greece and it immediately fills me with joy and happyness because of what a perfect and wonderful place it is!
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Well, back from our vacay.

It was a bit up and down. We had fun for sure, but also few arguments. I do think it is good to argue, we've never done that before. I found it a bit disturbing that when I said what bothers me, she returned it exactly that she finds that I do exactly that. I guess we both do, then. She also said that I am extremely impolite, which I find not to be true.

But we did quickly get off of that, what we do not like in each other and focused on what we do like in each other. Then, after some while, she opened up a bit more and said she knows she has some issues with going hot and cold and how it is possibly not fair that I can never know when it is OK to touch her (as in hug or kiss), but when she initiates it, it is OK - and how all of this must be difficult to deal with. IT IS! But I am glad she did say it herself and made no promises of changing, but that she will try. My complaint was the same, and also that I do not like it when she cancels on me at the last minute, which lead into a more interesting argument as in I have no right to her time anyway so she can change her mind when ever she feels like it and it's none of my business. I have the right to feel disappointed though. I find it disturbing as I make my plans according and if I get last minute cancellation, it is out of my time as well. So no we don't have "right to each others time", but I just feel it is respectful to cancel early on if possible. Otherwise it sucks. But that was the biggest "argument" and all ended good.

I felt a bit disturbed as I figured she felt entitled to things, and I only once said no, and she got really irritated. She'd be like "don't talk to me". She asked if I could get the food cost at the airport and I figured she would pay, as I paid for everything else. She got extremely upset. Went on and on about "I asked oyu and you just said "No"". I still do not understand why that is a problem. As a feminist she wants to split cost and said she felt a bit bad how much the trip cost to me. She did offer to pay for many things and did so, that's not my point. I sincerely assumed she'd get the last one, cheap as well. I did not say no, I said "I thought you'd get it?". I got the evil eye and it was the end of that nice moment. She did, however, settle down after few minutes and say OK. Unpredictable like that. Afterwards she complimented on my equilibrium and how I seem to be very stable. Well, yes I am, thank you ma'am. Still, I felt good about the trip even with few disturbing moments. I have no idea if I am just remembering my ex in her or if she shares similar traits, or is this completely normal behaviour. Otherwise she was nice though. She wanted our first pic together, too. And she introduced me to her best friend, kind of a big deal. He liked me, she said. And that counts a lot of course. I've been liked by her important friends and parents.

Significantly, she said she will join me and my friends on Sunday for a beer (I have my check up on Monday, scares the living crap out of me), so she will get to meet some of my friends. She first said how she has tickets to a show that cost a lot and could not make it, so I was very disappointed. She did suggest I'd change the time, I did and now she is coming so . Then, she sent me a message today that she will come to the check up with me. She has someone covering for her, so she went out of her way to come to this very unpleasant, yet important (to me) moment for support. So perhaps I am being a bit unreasonable. Actions count. She comes with me, and so I felt very happy about that. I am not as scared of the check up anymore. I had to do it alone as my ex did not come with me. She always had something "more important". Once, she actually said she has an appointment for hairdresser. So she could not come with me to the oncologist. I did not feel very great about that. They ALWAYS asked if my wife is available and that should come to these appointments as important information is shared. I was like "I know...". Talk about heart sinking. Now they don't ask that, they ask "So how is that ex-wife of yours, still being difficult?". It is in my official case file, that I was harrased by my wife for the treatment time. But now, I am going to the appointment, for the very first time, with my Dr. Lovely girlfriend who can understand even better what's going on than I ever will.

So come good news, she'll go back to work and I do the same and we go and celebrate after work or later. Bad news? She goes back to work (likely), and we get drunk after that. But at least together, so I won't have to spend that sucky time alone. Again, actions speak louder than words. There's nothing like a date at oncologist
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good luck with your appointment.

And as long as you're both trying, that's all that counts.
          No couple is perfect. (that would be kind of boring)
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If she has your back in a difficult time of need - man, that's just about the most important thing possible. THAT'S a WOMAN.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
              If she has your back in a difficult time of need - man, that's just about the most important thing possible. THAT'S a WOMAN.
              100 % truth. Wrote her a long email today and she read it and replied in kind how it was heartfelt and that she feels good about the relationship exactly because we did argue and I as grumpy, and told her she has been disrespectful and I don't like that one bit. And she confimed coming for beers with my mates on the day before as well. For one, and then Monday we roll. I'd say things are looking up for me. It is obvious I see my ex in every woman, and I wrote to her that as well. Confessed some issues and that I did not regard her as a gf up until certain point. Got hears and kisses in emojis. That's a first. We are now very serious Emojis and all.

I guess some high IQ having people are just different? They get all analytically pissed off at you. They stop, you see there eyes and head moving, "No. Definitely not funny." movement... "yes, that is so stupid I cannot believe you just said that" "No. Don't say anything" head still turning in disapproving manners, "OK, I'm fine now."

wtf? Jeesh...
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm happy for you. Remember to be mellow Pekka all you can stand - even in an honest relationship, it goes better when you can make yourself easy to be around. -But take care of Pekka, or you won't find mellow very easy...
                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                X