No announcement yet.

Explain the impact of Brexit to a clueless American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main worry wrt Brexit is that the UK may lose duty free access to the rest of the EU while the rest of the EU may lose access to 1/6th of its economy. The reality is, under article 50, nothing is likely to change for two years as a replacement treaty is negotiated and signed. It is in neither party's interest to be punative no matter what arrogant ***** like Junker might threaten so my guess is ultimately they will settle on something like EU membership light.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      The main worry wrt Brexit is that the UK may lose duty free access to the rest of the EU while the rest of the EU may lose access to 1/6th of its economy.
      EU GDP 14,625 billions
      UK GDP 2 billion

The reality is,
      you're a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Yeah, I can't see Britain leaving the EEC. The biggest impact will be the migration - the border controls will be back again.
        An EEA type arrangement would still have free movement but possibly some restrictions on access to social services (such as people having to work full time for a year before being able to access them). So, no, you are just wrong.

Comment

The easiest thing to do is open up calais

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Yeah, I can't see Britain leaving the EEC. The biggest impact will be the migration - the border controls will be back again.
            An EEA type arrangement would still have free movement but possibly some restrictions on access to social services (such as people having to work full time for a year before being able to access them). So, no, you are just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              a small example: why are there hardly any american cars in europe?

10% tarrifs
              And Europe pays more for inferior cars.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

at least the brakes don't go

Comment

EU GDP 14,625 billions
                  UK GDP 2 billion

you're a moron

You think the UK eco omy is $2 billion and you call me a moron?

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United Kingdom was worth 3089.07 billion US dollars in 2022, according to official data from the World Bank. The GDP value of the United Kingdom represents 1.33 percent of the world economy. This page provides the latest reported value for - United Kingdom GDP - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news.

It is actually just under $3 trillion. So you are only off by by 99.9994%.

The UK =1/6th of the EU economy and is the second largest after Germany. So, yes, the EU as a whole is larger but this is the equivalent of both Florida and California possibly leaving and is a big chunk, buckwheat.

Comment

at least the brakes don't go
                    Keep telling yourself that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

You think the UK eco omy is $2 billion and you call me a moron?
                      yes

Comment

Plus california or whatever god forsaken ****ed up ghetto you have going down there isn't part of the eurozone and neither is the UK.
                        In that respect the pararel is fitting

Comment

It's a good thing Greece is part of the EU.

Comment

BRITAIN has coughed up an eye-watering 32 BILLION euros in net contributions to European Union coffers in the last five years, official figures show.

The UK also net pays 1/5th of the EU budget so possible exit would hurt their budget. My hope is they decide to reform and the UK gets the concessions Junker should have given them to avoid these current events (but was to arrogant and lacking in vision to do) and so the UK can have another vote and possibly stay on reformed terms.

Comment

Neutral for the time being

Comment

Plus california or whatever god forsaken ****ed up ghetto you have going down there isn't part of the eurozone and neither is the UK.
                                In that respect the pararel is fitting
                                The UK is a member and will likely remain one for at least the next two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X