The Reverse Racism Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Yeah... that's the whole point. It kind of invalidates the entire study. You know that.. right?
    You numbskull. How about a bet? You are having a lot of difficulty with this evidence. I understand why.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      How about a bet?
      Another bet you can welch on?
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        Another bet you can welch on?
        You're confusing me with BK.

Comment

You numbskull. How about a bet? You are having a lot of difficulty with this evidence. I understand why.
          As pointed out... you don't pay up on your bets anyway, so why should I waste my time on you.

And you are the one that always has a problem with reality and evidence... so continue to live in Kidland, where Kid is always right and anybody else is an idiot.
          Fortunately, every one here knows the truth since you provide evidence with every post you make.

So please respond, insult me, call me an idiot... because it is expected of you, and then we can all laugh at you some more.
          Have a nice day.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

As pointed out... you don't pay up on your bets anyway, so why should I waste my time on you.

And you are the one that always has a problem with reality and evidence... so continue to live in Kidland, where Kid is always right and anybody else is an idiot.
            Fortunately, every one here knows the truth since you provide evidence with every post you make.

So please respond, insult me, call me an idiot... because it is expected of you, and then we can all laugh at you some more.
            Have a nice day.
            "The officers were not told the reason for the tests nor was any mention made of race,..."

You got called a numbskull for assuming that crimonologists at WSU don't know how to do research and for assuming that the Washington Post reported a bull**** study.

You certainly deserve it.

Comment

Blah blah blah...
              You don't seem to understand research very well. As even the researcher admitted in their summary, it has limited applications to real field work.
              It's impossible to really make conclusions when your test doesn't simulate reality exactly, as they admit.
              As you quoted "She acknowledged that a video simulator is not the same as a live encounter, and that she had “limited diversity” from the Spokane police"
              Even she admits the problems and limitations with the study...
              Her conclusions are really simply opinions since the study doesn't actually test reality (field work)

Plus, one of the biggest problems with research like this is the subjects themselves. As any good researcher can tell you, subjects usually bias their actions based on what they think they are being tested on... wanting to do the "right" thing. I've designed and implemented many major research studies... have you?

At least this researcher openly admitted the problems with the study... but feel free to ignore the limitations that she has pointed out up front.

The best research is looking at reality. And anybody should be able to see what reality is telling us when it comes to cops and blacks relations right now in America.

Now as usual, feel free to start spouting some more insults and foaming at the mouth... it's to be expected from you.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

To be fair to Kid, if you were to do such a study in regard to misogyny ... telling him that he was being studied wouldn't stop him from shooting all the women in the video game.

Comment

It's like the polling in many of the primaries where Trump wasn't looking so good because people didn't want to admit to somebody they would vote for him... but then did.
                  It's just the nature of research. Bigots don't want to admit they are bigots... but it doesn't stop them from being one.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Blah blah blah...
                    You don't seem to understand research very well. As even the researcher admitted in their summary, it has limited applications to real field work.
                    It's impossible to really make conclusions when your test doesn't simulate reality exactly, as they admit.
                    As you quoted "She acknowledged that a video simulator is not the same as a live encounter, and that she had “limited diversity” from the Spokane police"
                    Even she admits the problems and limitations with the study...
                    Her conclusions are really simply opinions since the study doesn't actually test reality (field work)

Plus, one of the biggest problems with research like this is the subjects themselves. As any good researcher can tell you, subjects usually bias their actions based on what they think they are being tested on... wanting to do the "right" thing. I've designed and implemented many major research studies... have you?

At least this researcher openly admitted the problems with the study... but feel free to ignore the limitations that she has pointed out up front.

The best research is looking at reality. And anybody should be able to see what reality is telling us when it comes to cops and blacks relations right now in America.

Now as usual, feel free to start spouting some more insults and foaming at the mouth... it's to be expected from you.
                    Yes, it is a simulation done by professional researchers, experts. It has no more limitation than any other typical simulation.

You are a researcher? You don't know the first thing about research.

Comment

It's like the polling in many of the primaries where Trump wasn't looking so good because people didn't want to admit to somebody they would vote for him... but then did.
                      It's just the nature of research. Bigots don't want to admit they are bigots... but it doesn't stop them from being one.
                      Really? Just like polls? So you're saying the polls that predict that Hillary is leading Trump don't tell us anything?

Comment

"I've designed and implemented many major research studies... have you?"

Ever do any simulations Ming? If so, why did you bother if they aren't evidence?

Comment

My study consisted of asking Kid if all studies were equally valid and applicable regardless of their methodology. He said yes. My study conclusively finds that Kid is a dufus.

Comment

"I've designed and implemented many major research studies... have you?"

Ever do any simulations Ming? If so, why did you bother if they aren't evidence?
                            I've never found simulations to provide much relevant data. I would only do one if I wanted a research study to support a POV that we wanted to push, and I didn't care about reality, but only proving our POV. In those cases, we rig it as best as we can so that we can use it as a support point for some position we are taking. We know it's not real research, but they work nicely as selling points when the person we are trying to convince doesn't understand research, and is predisposed to what we want anyway.

Really? Just like polls? So you're saying the polls that predict that Hillary is leading Trump don't tell us anything?
                            I've seen some polls where Trump is shown as being close to Hillary, and other that he's 30% behind.
                            It's probably somewhere in between.

You really need to "understand the study" before you can trust or understand it's results.

The first thing I do when trying to validate any research and to judge it's results is take a very careful look at the methodology, the sample base/size, and the questionnaire/study method. By looking at those, you can hopefully determine what type of biases may have been built into the study or help explain results that may or may not be expected.

Anybody that understands research can design a study that WILL give you the RESULTS you want.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              Liberals say they like "trans" things now, right? So why are they against "trans" fats, huh? Are they stupid, or just evil?
                              Don't get me started on "transport" or "transfers"
                              Blah

Comment

I've never found simulations to provide much relevant data. I would only do one if I wanted a research study to support a POV that we wanted to push, and I didn't care about reality, but only proving our POV. In those cases, we rig it as best as we can so that we can use it as a support point for some position we are taking. We know it's not real research, but they work nicely as selling points when the person we are trying to convince doesn't understand research, and is predisposed to what we want anyway.

I've seen some polls where Trump is shown as being close to Hillary, and other that he's 30% behind.
                                It's probably somewhere in between.

You really need to "understand the study" before you can trust or understand it's results.

The first thing I do when trying to validate any research and to judge it's results is take a very careful look at the methodology, the sample base/size, and the questionnaire/study method. By looking at those, you can hopefully determine what type of biases may have been built into the study or help explain results that may or may not be expected.

Anybody that understands research can design a study that WILL give you the RESULTS you want.
                                You're anti-science. You're the one pushing the agenda here. Simulations are common. Crimonologists, and others do them all the time in areas if human behaviour. I didn't say it was conclusive, either did the researcher. It's evidence you dip****. If you believe in science, and not your feelings, you won't use some ridiculous false argument to reject it.

Comment

Working...
                                X