infinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infinity

it is good when you're pondering the small significance of yourself to watch videos about quantum entaglement, space time dilation and of course why quantics and general relativity converge to a blur at the 1 at the 25 of a fraction of a second after the big bang.

this way you can appear smart without having to go all through the pain of understanding tons of difficult and completely useless math when you try to get to some girl's knickers because that's the end goal, really.
    all others are diversions.

so the jesus without the suffering videos include

Has the last great prediction of Einstein's general relativity finally been verified? Tweet at us! @pbsspacetimeFacebook: facebook.com/pbsspacetimeEmail us! ...

(lots of nice videos there)

Comment

I've never used quantum mechanics as a pick up line. Are you telling me that works in Greece?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

"I've got a Planck in my trousers that's got your name written on it [wink wink nudge nudge]"

Note that this only works if her last name is Planck, otherwise she'll just be confused
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

when i was in highschool I was trying to decide which thematical direction I should take in uni.
          I always knew I had a knack with words, even when I didn't feel it, others were constantly telling me.
          I was good in literature and also quite good at positive sciences like math etc
          So half my professors were telling my mother that I should follow the positive sciences (physics, mathematics) and half were telling her I should follow the abstract sciences (from literature to law)

I had to decide because you had to fill in the form before taking the exams that would be pinpointed at the thematic direction you would choose.

I always felt disdain towards the positive sciences. I didn't consider them anything more that the work of an elaborate plumber.

I thought that the mysteries of life lied in literature, communications, social sciences. So I chose that.
          Never regretted it. Wouldn't want to become an uneducated nuclear physicist.

Comment

Started on hard sciences, ended up doing softer sciences.
            Started working and using the more technical skills but ended up in management. Technical management ended up paying much better.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I had a childhood friend and he was a womanizer to the most embarassing degree.
              Among his many, many conquests was a girl who pioneered brain research.
              He told me they were having a drink at a bar and after some minor casual talk she said: so shall we shag?

He was a bit demystified because the whole setting was so blant.

I mean he still boinged her but the romance was missing.
              He told me that she, after probably having spent the best part of her life bending over dead brains in jars was a bit awkward to social situations. Like sheldon cooper with a sex drive.

Then my mind goes to a girlfriend I once had who had a PhD in positive sciences (math). I thought she was so made for me because she was so hot (verified because the sex was great) plus our families kind of knew eachother and had lifelong connection but it didn't work out because she had the mind of a 12 year old.
              I asked her why did you choose math and she told me that it was the one thing in life she could find where the answer was concrete and if you were right you'd know it

Comment

I have had considerably less success with women since getting myself a science edumacation. However, my sample size is small. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ISN'T SMALL....!?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	160303_POL_TrumpHandColor.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	9102311
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    I asked her why did you choose math and she told me that it was the one thing in life she could find where the answer was concrete and if you were right you'd know it
                    I was exactly the same when I was young. There was so much uncertainty in my life I liked the concreteness of the "positive" sciences. (We call them "hard" sciences).

While I'm grateful for the way they've equipped me for understanding natural phenomena, I've found this of very little use in personal relationships. Trying to use scientific facts in arguments about medical approaches, genetic modification or climate change? Forget it.

At about 40 I decided to move more into the humanities via becoming a teacher. Doesn't pay nearly as well, and employers value you not one iota, so it's back to technical for me.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      "I've got a Planck in my trousers that's got your name written on it [wink wink nudge nudge]"

Note that this only works if her last name is Planck, otherwise she'll just be confused
                      There's a brilliant comeback about "Planck length" that perhaps .1% of women would consider using in that situation.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Planck's constant may be tiny, but it has units of action... if you know what I mean. (Not disputing what you said. h and some other constants can get you units of length, which is where the Planck length comes from.)
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

All I know is that my Planck is constant.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's really not supposed to last more than four hours, man.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                              I was exactly the same when I was young. There was so much uncertainty in my life I liked the concreteness of the "positive" sciences. (We call them "hard" sciences).

While I'm grateful for the way they've equipped me for understanding natural phenomena, I've found this of very little use in personal relationships. Trying to use scientific facts in arguments about medical approaches, genetic modification or climate change? Forget it.

At about 40 I decided to move more into the humanities via becoming a teacher. Doesn't pay nearly as well, and employers value you not one iota, so it's back to technical for me.
                              One thing that's off putting in the crisis is that jobs are so few, if you have one you cling to it like a drowing man from his hair.
                              It's a new reality.
                              What I have noticed in myself is that when everything is alright I tend to get nervous and sort of need a change.
                              This has been pointed out to me as "self destructive" but it's not. Change keeps you moving and on your feet

Comment

Working...
                              X