Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you moving to Canada when Trump and/or Clinton is elected President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, but I encourage you to close the thread anyway - worst case is that you're de-modded from your non-moderatorship
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• It makes little difference to me, though - the fact that I was chastised for trying to close down an insult thread is sufficient reason for me to Leave Forever

I ought to have Left Forever after my thread about my grandfather was shat up, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment
      Last edited by loinburger; July 14, 2016, 09:26.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Oooookay, back on topic: somehow, they're neck-and-neck again.

Despite all the advantages she enjoys, the Democratic candidate could lose the election in November.

I have no idea howTF that happens. Trump makes a spectacular ass out of himself for months, finally has an explosion of asshattery so bad it actually succeeds in losing him points--but then Hillary loses her lead again over failure to follow Federal IT policy. Well, hell, that's AT LEAST as bad as being a tacky gold-plated xenophobic troglodyte! It's just the limits of our attention span, isn't it? The election will be lost by whichever candidate happens to embarrass him/herself most flagrantly in late October.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Depends on the poll, most say hillary is in the lead by anywhere from 6-10%. She even comes up competitive in republican states showing how weak Trump is.

Hillary was cleared. Many other officials used personal email too, including in the past. Her lead will bounce back when she picks her VP. warren may not be picked because she holds a Senate seat. I'm hearing Julian Castro may be picked... He could be a huge motivation for young voters and minorities.
          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 14, 2016, 18:58.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            The election will be lost by whichever candidate happens to embarrass him/herself most flagrantly in late October.
            Trump doesn't appear to have enough self-awareness to be capable of embarrassing himself (which honestly seems like a superpower I sometimes wish I had).
            Last edited by Lorizael; July 14, 2016, 23:52.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• When Trump has that dream where he's walking around naked, is he embarrassed?

Comment

• Clearly not.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well if "naked" encompasses the hairpiece/combover/caterpillar/whatever ... then maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                    Depends on the poll, most say hillary is in the lead by anywhere from 6-10%. She even comes up competitive in republican states showing how weak Trump is.

Hillary was cleared. Many other officials used personal email too, including in the past. Her lead will bounce back when she picks her VP. warren may not be picked because she holds a Senate seat. I'm hearing Julian Castro may be picked... He could be a huge motivation for young voters and minorities.
                    I want her to win of course, but she wasn't cleared. She was savaged by both the IG report AND the FBI investigation. It wasn't the same actions as previous SecStates and I really wish people would stop saying it was. She did bad, she needs to own it and move on, then her trustworthiness ratings wouldn't be so godawful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      Depends on the poll, most say hillary is in the lead by anywhere from 6-10%. She even comes up competitive in republican states showing how weak Trump is.

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      I want her to win of course, but she wasn't cleared. She was savaged by both the IG report AND the FBI investigation. It wasn't the same actions as previous SecStates and I really wish people would stop saying it was. She did bad, she needs to own it and move on, then her trustworthiness ratings wouldn't be so godawful.
                      She did say she made a mistake. She didn't do any wrongdoing as many others have done the same, including prior Secretary of States. And yes it really was the same. By the way, none of the material sent was ever clearly marked, even the material allegedly classified. Hillary has already moved on and so will voters.

I am waiting for her Veep pick. Donald went with that regressive idiot governor Mike Pence. I don't think Warren will be picked because she holds an important seat in the Senate. I think Julian Castro is the guy. He is charismatic, young and highly intelligent. Plus Latino.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Sorry but that's bull****, she was the Secretary of State, she doesn't get to fall back on 'well I didn't know it was classified!', it's her damn job to know the difference. This whole thing came about because she refused to send email from a secured PC and wouldn't accept solutions offered her by the NSA because she liked using her Blackberry. She was outrageously self entitled, arrogant and compromised national security because she didn't think she needed to follow rules that the little people have to. If she was running against anyone other than Trump she would lose the election decisively because she really is a horrible candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          Sorry but that's bull****, she was the Secretary of State, she doesn't get to fall back on 'well I didn't know it was classified!', it's her damn job to know the difference. This whole thing came about because she refused to send email from a secured PC and wouldn't accept solutions offered her by the NSA because she liked using her Blackberry. She was outrageously self entitled, arrogant and compromised national security because she didn't think she needed to follow rules that the little people have to. If she was running against anyone other than Trump she would lose the election decisively because she really is a horrible candidate.
                          So the 500+ officials who sent the email should have known too? Sorry, but I am simply not buying it. She didn't compromise national security. The vast majority of emails weren't classified and it turns out Comey said only three were marked with a small "C".

Here is a WaPo article on the polling out right now (which Hillary still leads in the majority and leads in most of the swing states and even makes republican states competitive):

Oh and here is Kidicious's favorite source explaining why she wasn't careless with her emails:

If you look at the facts, it's clear that Clinton made mistakes, but certainly not at the level of "extreme carelessness," says Lanny Davis.

"But then at the congressional hearing on Thursday, he withdrew his claim. He said that three, out of more than 30,000, had a marking of a small "C" — something he said a classification expert would not regard as sufficient to know the document contained classified information."

Not even an expert would have known. And the actual number of supposedly classified emails was THREE. Yes, three. And based on insufficient data. Sorry but there isn't anything here and it simply isn't true. Hillary is an expert in certain areas, but she isn't a classification expert. And 3 out of 30,000 with only a dubious C marking isn't enough to prove anything.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 15, 2016, 09:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            She can't be convicted.
                            -Billy Joel
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• "As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton never used a password to protect her computer emails, and she was clueless about how regular emails work on a conventional computer, according to a deposition of a foreign service officer at the State Department.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/26/shocking-deposition-hillary-clueless-on-using-computer-emails/#ixzz4EUIMgGzR"

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Daily diarrhea as I call it. Surely, you couldn't post a worse source? They are a ultra conservative gay and immigrant bashing website. Notice how the kid clown ignores the facts I posted.

You wonder why nobody takes you seriously. You post **** like that site.

Comment

Working...
                                X