Even Casual Pet Use Changes the Brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit it...I have a poodle.........
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Two cats
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
        I think so. Those kittens were ruining my life with their cuteness. Seriously; they were like a crack habit, ate up all my time and I still haven't resumed lifting weights. It, for realzies, affected my brain.

Working on making friends with their mother and older brother is a lot more manageable, so I now have time again to run the place and troll other places. Need to get back to the weights and posting science articles, though.
        MM was right about toxoplasmosis. Virtually all cats have it and then infect their owners. You then get costs in your brain which changes your personality. True story, bro.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If you've ever wondered who's in control, you or your cat, a new study points to the obvious. It's your cat. - See more at: http://www.livescience.com/5556-cats....1iGkHqDS.dpuf

also

Cats kill billions of birds every year and even more tiny rodents and other mammals in the United States alone, a new study finds.

According to the research, published today (Jan. 29) in the journal Nature Communications, cats kill between 1.4 billion and 3.7 billion birds and between 6.9 billion and 20.7 billion small mammals, such as meadow voles and chipmunks.
          - See more at: http://www.livescience.com/26670-cat....aCEBZa1I.dpuf

and I have two of them.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

That's racist. My cats have never killed and birds are anything. They don't even kill bugs.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You need a pet cam, to see what they are doing in their free time.

One of mine even managed to bring home a swallow!?!

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                You need a pet cam, to see what they are doing in their free time.

One of mine even managed to bring home a swallow!?!
                I've been meaning to. I'm sure they are very good though. They aren't always nice to each other though.

Comment

Our cats are killing machines. Lizards, snakes, birds, mice/rats, moths, grasshoppers ... they kill pretty much everything smaller than them. One of them goes up in the rafters and then makes bird calls.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    ...if they're cats.

Toxoplasmosis, anyone?
                    Don't clean the litter box and then wipe your mouth.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

My cats don't go outside.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Here is something fascinating.
                        There is a brain bug.

Rewind.

Rats have genetic memories that identify from birth cat urine as life threatening (because there are good chances where there is cat urine there is a cat and the cat is deadly to the rat).

Now this brain bug can alter the neurosynapses of the rat's brain rewiring it, so it thinks that cat urine is enticing.

The rat goes to it, the cat eats it and the brain bug occupies a larger host...

Comment

the OP

Comment

Sounds more like the PP...
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Cat killing snake

Comment

Working...
                              X