Lying on a hammock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying on a hammock...

listening to the birds and the river, reading "The Age of Em" and drinking Zaya rum on the rocks

Damn, I love summer.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

It's not even summer

Comment

It was 90 Fahrenheit yesterday. Yes it is.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

no

Comment

Just because it hasn't yet passed the solstice doesn't mean that the far more important criterion of the shared experience of much of humanity hasn't yet occurred.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

maybe this year is just unusually hot

Comment

You've made me think of this:

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It's raining
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  Just because it hasn't yet passed the solstice doesn't mean that the far more important criterion of the shared experience of much of humanity hasn't yet occurred.
                  Summer is entirely defined by the calendar.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Is it a good book?

Friday was the Navy Pier in Downtown Chicago.

Saturday was wonderful Gelato , Chocolate Rum Cannon Balls and enjoying the beautiful local Fermilab environment.

Sunday was church in the morning and friends coming for dinner (now?).

Monday is unfortunately working on grant proposals for me (3 due in the next 3 weeks) and studying for my wife (she still has 2 exams).

Memorial weekend is nice.

JM
                    (Valparaiso Chile, my other home, has summer weather at periods throughout the year.)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

In Valparaiso Chile, the average high temperatures go from 60 in June to 72 in February and the average low temperatures go from 47 in July to 56 in February.

JM
                      (I gave the temperatures in F since this is mostly? a US site. The record highs in June is 76 and 94 in February, while the record lows are 46 in January and 32 in June.)
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My new hammock is going to be delivered this week!

It's been summer here since Feb 2015. La Nina will take care of that soon. Looking forward to some rainy days.

Comment

Today was therapy and D&D, both of which I would have done regardless of the season or temperature (within some reasonable limits). Tomorrow I don't get paid because I don't get to work on Memorial Day, which means I should spend the whole day looking for a job that will pay me a decent amount of money this summer so that I can survive until I get my free college money in the fall.
                          Last edited by Lorizael; May 31, 2016, 09:33.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

friday i drove to STL with my mom to meet up with my wife
                            sat, we hung out at the airbnb, her mom and grandmother met my mom
                            sunday, we drove back

monday.... on mondays when other people don't have to go to work, that's when I have a case of the mondays
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I spent my weekend outside Speed City, fighting zed and Raiders, drinking hooch, and gambling. I even stole this guys set of punch drunk knucks that he left unattended for like... half an hour. I hope he learned his lesson, those things are expensive.
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
                              X