No announcement yet.

Groundhog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap! I'd looked right at him and hadn't even noticed.

This is a day of nostalgia surprises.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Aeson, did you retain any of the new content in the database? Partially?

It should not be impossible to restore some of the content automatically based on that, if you have anything remaining. I think similar magic has been done here earlier, during one of the forum upgrades.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

So we have lost threads where BK:
        -came out as a homosexual, or a pedophile, we aren't sure which.
        -confessed to screwing up his tax planning, generating a large uncrystallised tax bill when he thought he was doing well by living off a miserly $10k a year.
        -gets smacked down for lying, lying and then lying some more

They won't take long to be resubstantiated.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Some avatars aren't showing up for me

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Those missing avatars aren't showing up for anybody (as far as I can tell).
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I assume it's because I changed mine in the last three months.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

they need to upload them again. I had to.

the Sig's got rolled back too. I had to update mine.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

All that senseless insightful political posting from the heart of primary season - lost!

Because my entire reality is based on what I learn at Apolyton, I ventured out onto the Web for news headlines from February 3, 2016...

-Cruz wins in Iowa, a result that will likely leave the GOP in an even more frustrated state than if he’d lost.
                  -Clinton grabs very narrow victory in Iowa.
                  -Police train eagles to hunt down unmanned drones.
                  -Year after year, fans of Groundhog Day gather in Woodstock, Ill., to celebrate their favorite movie.
                  -New Orleans’s public defender’s office is so underpaid, being sued by the ACLU may be the best way to get funded.
                  -The extraordinary circumstances in which Sri Lanka became the world’s largest eye donor.
                  -The father of foreskin restoration tells his story.
                  -Rand Paul joins O’Malley and Huckabee in dropping out of the presidential race.
                  -Kool & the Gang backs out of GOP Convention gig.
                  -Kanye walks back greatness claims for new album—now merely one of the all-time greats.
                  -Side effect of the US-Cuba thaw: the renewed rum licensing war between Bacardi and Pernod Ricard.
                  -Amazon to open a chain of brick-and-mortar bookstores next year, as many as 400.
                  -Your sleek, modern Internet experience relies more on offline data delivery than you think. The internet is powered by airplanes.
                  -Microsoft’s temporary undersea data center takes advantage of the sea’s natural cooling properties.
                  -According to analysis of consumer phone calls, America’s fastest talkers are from Oregon, Minnesota, and Massachusetts.
                  -U.S. Court of Appeals says Wisconsin can make a sex offender who’s completed his sentence wear a GPS monitor for the rest of his life.
                  -Filipina “comfort women” demand apologies and reparations from Japan, as South Koreans have received.
                  -Between 1993 and 2015, cattle killed 13 people who were out for walks in the United Kingdom.
                  -Three suicides in NYPD holding cells in the past nine months.
                  -The homeless refugees of San Francisco’s Super Bowl City.
                  -Continuous “mystery fire” at Mumbai’s largest landfill can be seen from space.

There! Everyone should now be adequately re-oriented to our current timeline.

You're welcome.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Those missing avatars aren't showing up for anybody (as far as I can tell).
                    I assume it ones that changed since 2 February - thus, Uno's that changed less than a week ago for the first time in at least seven years, is blank. I was really proud of that one. Some of my very best avatar work...

No pasarán

Comment

I posted in On-Topic today for the first time in years and the site melted down. CIV6 is going to be the death of this place!
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I thought it was my fault.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So, I gather the prognosis is grim for data recovery? Or are we waiting to see if the old threads get necro'd from Google or something before we go to the bother of starting whole new ones?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok is a nerd.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

also the newest and greatest AAHZ-Thrade™ of all time is ready, but I need to be assured that the forum won't break again so I am going to wait a bit to see what happens.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                                Elok is awesome.
                                FIFY.

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X