Groundhog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog Day

Tonight there was a catastrophic loss of data. Something happened to the Civ 5 section, it was completely gone. I thought I could restore it from a backup without affecting anything else, but that went badly as the backups for the last 3 months had all been broken. In trying to back things up large sections of the site were lost. The latest complete backup was apparently Feb 2.

I will look into why the backups are broken and see if there is anything that can be salvaged from them. If you notice anything else broken with the forums (other than the loss of content) please let me know.

"

Comment

Well, I hadn't posted much in the last three months, so it's not that big of a loss.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BUncle
        Hey - Poly's back up.

Edit: Holy crap. Looks like there's been a several-week rollback. That's a disaster if so. All of 6 and Loin's pee rampage is gone. ZOMG, I'm seeing 1 Feb. last posts...

MY BEAUTIFUL Spider Ghost Snake Man theme, GONE!
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Smells like a hack.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This is what it must feel like for some people every Saturday and Sunday morning...

No pasarán

Comment

Look on the bright side. We all just got three months younger.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I only lost 300 poasts and 50 'thanks', could be worse... but this could only be the beginning stages of a bigger hack or server meltdown.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

I don't have any idea how this stuff works, but can content be restored from browser caches? Just, you know, close your eyes when you get to the naughty stuff.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's a good idea, but sounds mighty labor-intensive...

No pasarán

Comment

Hey, my password didn't get rolled back!

Man, that sucks Aeson. I remember having a similar problem when my website got hacked a while back. The host was able to restore things when I wasn't able to from the control panel side.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, on the bright side, I have been working my ass off on my newest AAHZ-Thrade™ and I am almost ready so that could get us jump-started...

soon.
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

I don't think it was a hack. I probably ****ed something up in regards to the Civ 5 forums, the backups weren't being generated properly, and then I definitely ****ed up on restoring the Civ 5 forums from the backups.

Comment

The poor Stellaris-Thread

That explains why I couldn't log in a few hours ago
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This is a bigger catastrophe than when the Great Library of Alexandria burned down

Comment

Working...
                              X