Was Hegel an atheist or a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Hegel an atheist or a Christian?

Some of his followers were atheists, and some were Christians. I would be interested to know why an atheist would think he was an atheist. Personally I don't think he was a Christian, but I'm sure I have other reasons than atheists have.

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    .... I would be interested to know why an atheist would think he was an atheist. ...
    What´s wrong/interesting/remarkable about an atheist thinking that he is an atheist?
    Would be nothing more special than a christian thinking that he is a christian, a hinduist thinking he is a hinduist and so on
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I wondering about the number of Hegelians who are thinking that Hegel promoted Hegelian thought.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        What´s wrong/interesting/remarkable about an atheist thinking that he is an atheist?
        Would be nothing more special than a christian thinking that he is a christian, a hinduist thinking he is a hinduist and so on
        Since he argued that a Christian society is better I just don't know why people would think he's an atheist.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          Since he argued that a Christian society is better I just don't know why people would think he's an atheist.

Comment

Why do you think Hegel wasn't a Christian?

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
              Why do you think Hegel wasn't a Christian?
              He thought too highly of philosophers.

Comment

Was Kegel an atheist or a Christian?

I don't want to tighten my bladder control if it means taking orders from a filthy unbeliever, thank you.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

From your source:

For Hegel, this is the core of Christianity. Miracles, eschatology and messianism are secondary. The primary message of the Gospel is that the Pharisee definition of morality was in error. Even if someone were to prove that the Gospel is pure literary fiction, this Ethical message would still stand on its own as a courageous, immortal proposition.
                  Admirable, but Christian? Depends on your definition of "secondary", I suppose.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah. I think he only believed in the morality.

Comment

Working...
                    X