Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
    It's in the bible and the bible holds it up as a good example.

Your bible is sick and twisted; it condones gang rape and dismemberment of slaves.
    No it doesn't. Stop fighting against figments of your imagination.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Judges 19

AKA The Bible Condones Gang Rape and dismemberment - in bite-sized chunks so even you can understand how hateful the bible is...Click image for larger version

Name:	jg19_25b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	9102186

Reckon the bible likes a bit of DP, seeing as we're talking gang rape...

Comment

More from the Brick Testament.

I figure LEGO is just about an appropriate learning tool for Kid

Comment

Nope. Too many degrees of freedom.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

X post

Comment

That kind of stuff happens in the Bible. Moses murdered someone. That doesn't mean Christians can murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                That kind of stuff happens in the Bible. Moses murdered someone. That doesn't mean Christians can murder.
                Is it murder to stone the female victim of a rape, if she promised to someone (but still a virgin), was raped in a city and, out of fear of her rapist didn´t cry?
                Because according to the bible we shall do so:

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
                Deuteronomy 22: 23-24
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  Is it murder to stone the female victim of a rape, if she promised to someone (but still a virgin), was raped in a city and, out of fear of her rapist didn´t cry?
                  Because according to the bible we shall do so:

Deuteronomy 22: 23-24
                  Clearly Christians don't stone people. So that should answer your question. You're comparing that to a verse in the Koran, that is used to justify wife beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Clearly Christians don't stone people. So that should answer your question. You're comparing that to a verse in the Koran, that is used to justify wife beating.
                    Well,
                    both "holy books" contain a lot of evil and can be used to justify things we nowaday consider immoral.
                    Less than 200 years ago, christians usedf the bible to justify slavery for example ... and less than 100 years ago even in the western world women still had less rights than men (and had to obey their husband), which is biblically sanctioned because (among other passages):
                    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
                    I Corinthians 11: 3

For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
                    I Corinthians 11:8-9

That nowadays in western civilization we have equal rights between men and women surely isn´t the work of christian religion ... rather the work of secularized society.
                    The problem in the muslim world insofar is, that unlike the western world they didn´t have something akin to the renaissance ... and therefore, if secular morals and religious morals strand in opposition, in a muslim country the religious morals win ... whereas in western society secular morals have a good chance to stand against religious morals

As for christians and stoning:
                    The late American Calvinist and Christian Reconstructionist cleric Rousas John (R.J.) Rushdoony, his son Mark and his son-in-law Gary North, supported the reinstatement of the Mosaic law's penal sanctions. Under such a system, the list of civil crimes which carried a death sentence by stoning would include homosexuality, adultery, incest, lying about one's virginity, bestiality, witchcraft, idolatry or apostasy, public blasphemy, false prophesying, kidnapping, rape, and bearing false witness in a capital case.

Which is exactly what I want to say ... if a passage is in the holy book, believers will come and try to put them to use

You can also see it a lot in nowadays america, where christian fundamentalists love to cite the old testament as support for their moral views
                    Last edited by Proteus_MST; January 4, 2016, 10:08.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                      Well,
                      both "holy books" contain a lot of evil and can be used to justify things we nowaday consider immoral.
                      Less than 200 years ago, christians usedf the bible to justify slavery for example ... and less than 100 years ago even in the western world women still had less rights than men (and had to obey their husband), which is biblically sanctioned because (among other passages):

I Corinthians 11: 3

I Corinthians 11:8-9

That nowadays in western civilization we have equal rights between men and women surely isn´t the work of christian religion ... rather the work of secularized society.
                      The problem in the muslim world insofar is, that unlike the western world they didn´t have something akin to the renaissance ... and therefore, if secular morals and religious morals strand in opposition, in a muslim country the religious morals win ... whereas in western society secular morals have a good chance to stand against religious morals

As for christians and stoning:

Which is exactly what I want to say ... if a passage is in the holy book, believers will come and try to put them to use

You can also see it a lot in nowadays america, where christian fundamentalists love to cite the old testament as support for their moral views
                      Here's the difference, it's sinful to stone people according to Christianity. So if you stone people and don't repent then you are still in your sins. In Islam all kinds of things are commanded, such as beating your wife. So if you DON'T beat your wife you are a sinner, since the Law requires it. That's why you will obviously see a difference in the way Christians and Muslims behave. What I'm saying is that Muslims who do not follow all the commands are not real Muslims, only those who do follow all of the commands.

As far as rights go, they don't pertain to Christianity in the same way they do in secularism. It is not ideal for Christians to have a need for rights, whether they are slaves or women. But Christians have work towards rights for slaves and women because of the harsh treatment that they receive, which is sinful. Yes, a man is suppose to be the head of the house, but he is suppose to treat his wife so well that his wife has no need for rights. Contrast that with Islam, which doesn't even require that men be that good to their wives in the first place. And if/when they aren't the husband is suppose to beat her.

Comment

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Also was hoping this was a thread where Kid suddenly converted to Islam after realizing that Christianity was a sham.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yes, a man is suppose to be the head of the house, but he is suppose to treat his wife so well that his wife has no need for rights
                          Yep... according to Kid, a wife has no need for rights... she is his slave.
                          No matter how nice the chains, they are still chains.

My wife and I are equal partners... and I guess that's why we have been married for over 30 years. And we all know how well Kid's marriage worked...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Total no-brainer really...

Oh wait, Kid has no brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              Yep... according to Kid, a wife has no need for rights... she is his slave.
                              No matter how nice the chains, they are still chains.

My wife and I are equal partners... and I guess that's why we have been married for over 30 years. And we all know how well Kid's marriage worked...
                              Maybe you aren't the best person to be head of the house, considering the way you bully people on apolyton.

Comment

I'm still married... and we are equal partners. How's your marriage working... oh, that's right...
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X