Is Saying There's Something Wrong with Homosexuals Homophobic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    You sure? I mean, they have creatures that attack anyone who feels remorse. I'm thinking there's some genocide in there.
    I´d see a big difference between a god who sends out creatures that should kill random people it encounters, who are in a certain emotional state ...
    and a god who orders his minions to kill everyone belonging to a certain tribe / inhabiting a certain city that just was conquered.

Emotional states can change ... therefore it must be rather misfortune, if you encounter such a creature just at this time ... feeling remorse also isn´t something that only a certain subset of the populatrion feels because of their birth (instead it can happen to anyone).
    In contrast to this, the adherance to a tribe is set forth by birth ... therefore, noone of the people killed on the genocidal orders of YHWH could have escaped their fate by just deciding to "not belong to their tribe anymore"

btw. out of curiosity ... what is the creature you talk about (i.e. the one created to klill people who feel remorse)? Never heard about this (but I am no expert on all aspects of greek mythology)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      I´d see a big difference between a god who sends out creatures that should kill random people it encounters, who are in a certain emotional state ...
      and a god who orders his minions to kill everyone belonging to a certain tribe / inhabiting a certain city that just was conquered.

Emotional states can change ... therefore it must be rather misfortune, if you encounter such a creature just at this time ... feeling remorse also isn´t something that only a certain subset of the populatrion feels because of their birth (instead it can happen to anyone).
      In contrast to this, the adherance to a tribe is set forth by birth ... therefore, noone of the people killed on the genocidal orders of YHWH could have escaped their fate by just deciding to "not belong to their tribe anymore"

btw. out of curiosity ... what is the creature you talk about (i.e. the one created to klill people who feel remorse)? Never heard about this (but I am no expert on all aspects of greek mythology)
      But YHWH gave his people land for the benefit of all the people of the world (except the current inhabitants). What benefit could possibly come from creating beings that attack anyone who feels remorse and unleashing them on the entire world?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

tipsy
        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 31, 2015, 04:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          greek myths are superior ( I remember my own father telling me we descented from spartan warrrios. Silly dad. How would athenians descent from spartans)

and you can jibe kid all you want about the greek liberal rational spirit against the darkness of the jewish model) but he does love his son so all irrationality is brushed aside
          The world is dark. But what is light about creatures who attack you for feeling remorse?

Comment

tipsy
            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 31, 2015, 04:41.

Comment

But YHWH gave his people land for the benefit of all the people of the world (except the current inhabitants). What benefit could possibly come from creating beings that attack anyone who feels remorse and unleashing them on the entire world?
              As you already stated it was not for the benefit of all people in the world (as it exempted the inhabitants of the land that was given to the israelites ... who faced genocides and/or forced displacement [except for the people of the valley, whose iron chariots were too strong for YHWH and his men ]).

Actually it was just for the benefit of the Israelites themselves ... the settlement of the israelites in Judah was no benefit to the Babylonians, nor to the Egyptians nor to any of the other other tribes of the region (like the carthaginians, the greek or anyone else)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

tipsy
                Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 31, 2015, 04:41.

Comment

tipsy
                  Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 31, 2015, 04:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    As you already stated it was not for the benefit of all people in the world (as it exempted the inhabitants of the land that was given to the israelites ... who faced genocides and/or forced displacement [except for the people of the valley, whose iron chariots were too strong for YHWH and his men ]).

Actually it was just for the benefit of the Israelites themselves ... the settlement of the israelites in Judah was no benefit to the Babylonians, nor to the Egyptians nor to any of the other other tribes of the region (like the carthaginians, the greek or anyone else)
                    You're cherry picking. God rose up and army against the Israelites. It's all according to God's plan for humanity. This is all for the Glory of the Christ. The Israelites did not want to do it God's way. It happened so that people would know to obey God.

Comment

You're cherry picking. God rose up and army against the Israelites. It's all according to God's plan for humanity. This is all for the Glory of the Christ. The Israelites did not want to do it God's way. It happened so that people would know to obey God.
                      God sounds like a megalomaniac.

Comment

tiiipsy

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                          God sounds like a megalomaniac.

And a Sadist: "I will give you free will ... you can do whatever you want ... but if you don´t do it the way I want, I will torture you, in this life and the life after that"

Comment

"I'm beginning to hate my own creation. Now I know how God feels." - Homer Simpson

Comment

tipsy

Comment

tipsy

Comment

Working...
                                X