We're lucky Jeb Bush will not ever be President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're lucky Jeb Bush will not ever be President

He recently admitted that he needs to call people who criticize him "jerks" in order to maintain his mental health.

http://http://news.yahoo.com/bush-ke...-election.html

So if nothing else, Trump has saved us from another Bush.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Main candidates in elections: Emperor Bush Third and Empress Clinton Second. Democracy.
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

X post

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
          Main candidates in elections: Emperor Bush Third and Empress Clinton Second. Democracy.
          And they are definitely emperors. We know this, because their predecessors did not step down at the end of their terms but kept ruling until their deaths at the hands of nature's inevitable embrace/freedom-loving assassins.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yes, we're lucky Clinton will be President.

Comment

Exactly as lucky as we've been the last 8 years.

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Are you genuinely serious, or just taking the Piss? I can't tell.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                    Are you genuinely serious, or just taking the Piss? I can't tell.
                    They're not emperors, of course, but don't you put a blame on dictators who transfer power to their sons? Funny enough, about the same things happen in democracy.

Again, it's not a problem by itself (after all, people kinda vote for them, so it's not the same as just a transfer of power to a son by a dictator), it's more of a showcase of a problems with modern democracy - there is so little choice in the matter that there are president clans in USA already And that's only the most obvious example, same things go between senators, governors etc.
                    Knowledge is Power

Comment

They're not emperors, of course, but don't you put a blame on dictators who transfer power to their sons? Funny enough, about the same things happen in democracy.

Again, it's not a problem by itself (after all, people kinda vote for them, so it's not the same as just a transfer of power to a son by a dictator), it's more of a showcase of a problems with modern democracy - there is so little choice in the matter that there are president clans in USA already And that's only the most obvious example, same things go between senators, governors etc.
                      Not one word of this makes sense.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Of course, we have the same but a much more pronounced problem. But that's also shows that democracy system doesn't really work as intended.

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          Ok, how to explain it... People are not picking the best ruler or a ruler who will do what people want, they're picking the best brand. Clinton brand, Bush brand...

The idea of modern democracy (rule of the people) is that people delegate their power to rule to some person who should rule like people want him to rule in their place, right? Instead of that, real democracy becomes more and more of a delegation of people's power to rule to an abstract brands (party X, party Y, political clan A, political clan B), and rulers rule like they want (or how the guys who pay them money want them to rule), not like people want. Don't you see a disconnection here between a theoretical democracy and a practical democracy?
                          Last edited by Ellestar; December 23, 2015, 14:56.
                          Knowledge is Power

Comment

I see no strong evidence to support your conclusion.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Still better than switching from Putin, to Putin's lackey, back to Putin.

Comment

Working...
                              X