• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for 20 minutes it's not.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      I have a midterm today too. Ugh. I need two more days to study.
      For the midterm I just took, we have the option of taking the midterm home, redoing it, turning it in, not getting any partial credit for wrong answers, and taking that second score if it's better. Supposed to be a way to help kids who aren't good in time-limited testing scenarios. Mostly seems like a way to stealthily give kids more work.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's wine-down Wednesday!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Man, my week is not even a little bit over. Have to finish my lab report and paper today. Lab report about how I used Matlab to manipulate process my image data of the ring nebula to produce something interesting/meaningful. Paper about how the Socrates of the Crito and the Socrates of the Apology are not inconsistent because... uh... something insightful about the nature of justice. Also working until 10. Still in pain. Probably have to skip my planetary science course today to get stuff done. Probably shouldn't skip my quantum class.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's Thursday here. October 22, 2032.

Comment

australia was always a bit ahead

Comment

"Was" being the operative word.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Man, my week is not even a little bit over. Have to finish my lab report and paper today. Lab report about how I used Matlab to manipulate process my image data of the ring nebula to produce something interesting/meaningful. Paper about how the Socrates of the Crito and the Socrates of the Apology are not inconsistent because... uh... something insightful about the nature of justice. Also working until 10. Still in pain. Probably have to skip my planetary science course today to get stuff done. Probably shouldn't skip my quantum class.
                  Codeine.

Comment

For the midterm I just took, we have the option of taking the midterm home, redoing it, turning it in, not getting any partial credit for wrong answers, and taking that second score if it's better. Supposed to be a way to help kids who aren't good in time-limited testing scenarios. Mostly seems like a way to stealthily give kids more work.
                    Or maybe it's just the teachers way of making sure that students get every chance to actually learn the material. Learning always trumps getting the grade.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Exactly.

If I was sure all my students learned the material I would give all of them As.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Do I have to do everything around here?
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

It also depends a bit on the subject matter. If you're in Computer Science 101 and the exam is on sorting algorithms then it can only be administered in-class because you can just google the implementations of any standard sorting algorithm and you probably shouldn't be implementing a non-standard sorting algorithm in Computer Science 101. However, all of the exams for e.g. my numerical analysis course were take-home because a. you can't just google "what's the best algorithm for solving [such and such random differential equation]" and b. in the real world you'll never be in a situation where somebody says "Oh no, we have to numerically solve this differential equation within the next hour and the network is down so you don't have access to any reference materials and you've got to code the entire thing in Notepad" or whatever.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

In one of my advance stat classes, the teacher allowed a crib sheet that was measured to 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches.
                            Before the exam he'd go around the room and measure your sheet. If it was larger than spec he would use a scissors and trim it down to size.
                            In my experience, going through the process of preparing your crib sheet was 90% of the test.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In one math exam during my studium in biology we were even allowed to use math textbooks ...
                              but the amount of exam problems was so big, that you would lose precious time if you would actually make extensive use of the textbooks
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

All praise Þor, because his day has just begun
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X