Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching the fleet sail by. The US set to say f* you to China and sail within the 12 mile limit of these new islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here's a guy that wishes for a start of a war that will probably result in hundrends thousands of deaths.
    How is he different than an islamic fundamentalist dreaming about doing some harm to his country?

Zero. They are the same.

Comment

Besides, the only weapon 1 billion chinese are required to have is far away spitting. They can sink a carrier.

Comment

True.

But China's activities in the SCS are concerning. But, they're an emerging superpower, so it's not surprising.

(X-Post to previous Burrito Eater's post)

Comment

But, but, BUTT!

Sava, change your avatar back.

Comment

We didn't do anything while the Japanese expanded until they attacked us. Does Vietnam have oil?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              We didn't do anything while the Japanese expanded until they attacked us. Does Vietnam have oil?
              That's not true. The US blockaded Japanese oil supplies provoking Pearl Harbour. That's not to say Japan wasn't expansionary though, and that the US didn't have legitimate reasons for doing such.

To my knowledge Vietnam doesn't have oil. That was a different matter - US control over the world, vis a vis preventing Communism.

Comment

Sorry, I just realised you're referring to Vietnam's claims to the SCS. Right?

Comment

No the SCS is disputed territory. As far as I'm concerned whoever gets there first owns it.

Comment

So China then. Happy with that?

Comment

Vietnam had rice. But they burned it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                          So China then. Happy with that?
                          That's fine with me. Of course if China wants to have better relations they could do better in other areas.

Comment

this is how it goes down. four weeks from now. US cruiser sails REAL near one of those islands. China does something like boxing the US ship in... so they can inspect it or whatever. That don't float with US cruiser (ha, float)... the US cruiser fires.

10+ China warships heavy damage. 2 China warships sunk. 1 caused by explosion from its own weapons before it can launch.

No US damage.

Over in 21 minutes. US takes control of a number of the man made islands while waiting for a UN vote as to what to do with them.

Comment

maybe only one or two China jets are shot down - mostly because they don't engage the US in the air with anything more. China has 0% chance in the air against US.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                                this is how it goes down. four weeks from now. US cruiser sails REAL near one of those islands. China does something like boxing the US ship in... so they can inspect it or whatever. That don't float with US cruiser (ha, float)... the US cruiser fires.

10+ China warships heavy damage. 2 China warships sunk. 1 caused by explosion from its own weapons before it can launch.

No US damage.

Over in 21 minutes. US takes control of a number of the man made islands while waiting for a UN vote as to what to do with them.
                                Dude, people have come close to sinking US warships with a dinghy stuffed with explosives. If a lone US ship of any type opened fire on the Chinese just off Chinese waters, it would be sunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X