The Poly Pub Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Poly Pub Thread

Welcome to the Poly Pub! Come on in and pull up a stool at the bar. This is no idle coffee chatter, it is time to have a real drink. Think of this place as an Internet version of that old tv series, Cheers.

A place to meet up with old and new acquaintances for light-hearted banter or rant about how f**ked up your day has been. Makes no difference, since no one really gives a damn. One just needs to let loose or vent.

...So, (downs drink and pours another)... Mumbles and grumbles about being too old to practically be raising a second generation of kids. (furtively glances at door, wondering when happy hour here really begins?)

Tosses some change into the olde jukebox.

Comment

jsorense walks in confidently through the genuine imitation saloon doors. He stops with a shocked look on his face.
      "Hey, this place doesn't look like the old RedBoss."
      "Hey, this place doesn't SMELL like the old RedBoss."
      He gives a knowing smile to the staff and walks over to a dark booth and slides into the seat.
      "May I please have the house specialty and a single barrel bourbon back."
      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Hello Jsorense! The staff said you are a regular but suggested I should ask you about the RedBoss. What's the story there?

Comment

rum and coke for me. also something to eat. it was a good day today, nothing to complain about here.

Comment

yes I just made dinner... it's a cookin! 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by My Hubby Loves Civ View Post
              Hello Jsorense! The staff said you are a regular but suggested I should ask you about the RedBoss. What's the story there?
              Well Miss, it is a long, old, old story from a BB far away. Maybe I can get away with saying the bar was named after the founders: Aredhran and Bossman. Thanks for the drinks BTW.
              To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Oh damn! My husband is here. Sigh, you heard him I have one hour before he drags my butt home for dinner. Jsorense, do you dance?

Comment

That's mighty kind of you to ask. Yes, I've been known to find my way around a dance floor. Care for a little foxtrot, Miss?

Comment

That sounds fabulous! Recently, managed to get my hubby to learn that swing music is the ultimate, but as far as dancing goes, he just sways a wee bit and my moves make him look good!

Comment

Hello My Hubby Loves CIV, Dr. Right here and I'm new in town. Looking for a place to call my own. What do you have in white wine, chardonnay perhaps. Something to highlight the end of the day.

Comment

Oooh a doctor!!! Being you are so righteous, would you like a side glass of ice with that Chardonnay? When one is out and about and make that drink last, nothing works better than adding a few cubes to that drink.

Comment

Oh Drats, hubby says dinner is ready. I suppose it is for the best. Nothing like food to wear off that nice buzz. Perhaps, this pub needs to advertise more so it will be hopping more next time? Btw...Jsorense, thank you for the dance. You are very light on your feet and fun! Dr. Righteous it was nice to meet you too. You are a little quiet, though I can have that effect on some men!

Comment

It's quiet now. The after-office Happy Hour crowd has left. The bar is now littered with soiled napkins, drifts of peanut shells and low pyramids of empties looking like miniature ruins of some lost civilization. The staff looks relieved and head for the ally for quick smokes. A temporary respite until the night-time regulars wander in for their late night popup seminars on economics, history, politics and religion. jsorense puts on his mirrored sunglasses, goes over to the jukebox, puts in a quarter and waits for an epiphany.

Comment

do you have rice krispie treats

that sounds good right about now
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X