Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran started its nuclear programme, because Iraq!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    It would be funny if US attacks Iran.
    Probably the outcome would be nuclear devices exploding every 2 minutes rendering US a wasteland.

On the path of nazi germany and its contrived guilt
    You are saying the Russians would get involved (since they are the only power capable of fulfilling your fantasy)? Not possible. It's not that they would worry about feeling like Nazi Germany, it is that Russia knows that launching an all-out attack on the US would result in the extinction of the human race. They aren't going to do that for Iran.
    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
    - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      I need to ask, grumbler. Are you learning disabled?

because I won't make fun of you if so
      Ah, the ad hom argument. What a surprise. :yawn:

I take it that, since you have abandoned intellectual arguments, that you recognize that your position is intellectually bankrupt?
      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
      - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
        You are saying the Russians would get involved (since they are the only power capable of fulfilling your fantasy)? Not possible. It's not that they would worry about feeling like Nazi Germany, it is that Russia knows that launching an all-out attack on the US would result in the extinction of the human race. They aren't going to do that for Iran.
        No I was thinking about the Iranians proper.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
          How many airstrikes has the US undertaken with Obama? there must be something. yeah, these 1 or 2 strike things with ISIS. I guess he did get bin buddy with that raid. maybe that all Obama had him in.

Get a GOP'er in there. You might see a few nuclear powers get bombed.
          There was Libya, as well.
          - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            No I was thinking about the Iranians proper.
            Oh. Enjoy your fantasy, then. I'm not sure Iranians have the whole Nazi Germany complex, though.
            - A. Lincoln

Comment

Er, you seem confused.

Comment

Let me explain: in my paradigm, you are nazi germany.
                And you will submit to your crimes when bombed out of your ****ing brains just like nazi germany.

This doesn't need to happen though.
                Your imperial overstrech has rendered you severly weakened the last 20 years and you appear to become moderately sensible in your weakness.

My guess is you'll probably escape it just like the USSR did.

Comment

"Iran isn't Iraq 2003, with a ramshackle army and in the midst of a civil war. Its troops are motivated, decently armed, and supported by the populace. Fantasies about US invasions don't stand the smell test."

yeah, they fly the white flag faster than Iraq did. but... we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                    power. money. history written in their words. I guess they figure they will win when it all starts.
                    most of them would probably be in bunkers if **** starts to get bad, leaving the rest of us to be exterminated by them

trust me, if global warming starts to really **** **** up, some nutcase might just try to "save humanity" by killing most of us

think of the bush and cheney families

they are weapons manufacturers, among other things

they built these weapons

and they probably would use them against us at the drop of a hat

none of them have any respect for human life
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the Iranian army is certainly better equipped than the Iraqi army was

but they'd be toast

America is designed to destroy industrialized armies

they'd put up a hell of an insurgency though

maybe we've learned from that mistake?

BWAHAHHAH oh stahp
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

(this is setting my mood right now, so keep this in mind)
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
                          Did this whole name-calling thing work for you past the fourth grade? 'Cause it doesn't work now.
                          don't be too hard on him, it's all he can do, and he's not even good at it.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

we can have a very frank discussion about skillsets

if you want
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

the Iranian army is certainly better equipped than the Iraqi army was

but they'd be toast

America is designed to destroy industrialized armies

they'd put up a hell of an insurgency though

maybe we've learned from that mistake?

BWAHAHHAH oh stahp
                              The US should win long term of course, but the cost would be staggering, starting with Iran mining the Straits. The US would also probably have to do it without any real allied support. It's also wildly unlikely that Russia would stay out of it completely. The whole thing would be a horrific mess with no gain.
                              Last edited by kentonio; September 11, 2015, 05:28.

Comment

we can have a very frank discussion about skillsets

if you want

i also know how to get high and play computer games.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X