Should Ben be unBenned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Ben be unBenned?

I have no idea how you'd go about doing this, but I think it would be a good idea

No poll because I'm tired of polls
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

If this was a poll, it would have 100% approval, like Saddam Hussein.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Nikolai would probably vote against it - having Ben around somehow makes him more reasonable (or makes him seem more reasonable)

This is assuming he doesn't enjoy being the forum's super-Catholic

Comment

Make it so all his posts require moderator approval before they'll appear, then don't approve posts that are dishonest and/or bigoted

Comment

Unfortunately there's a workaround for that: post something like "I like puppies!", wait for approval, then edit it to "I hate black people!" Though I suppose you could make it impossible for him to edit posts.

Comment

What about giving it to Nikolai to approve Ben's posts?
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

That's a good idea - if Nikolai thinks that you're being too Catholic then you really need to step back and reassess

Comment

I have no idea how this could be done.

If Ben was "UnBenned" does that mean he would not be Ben anymore?

Who would he be then?

Comment

It would require unbending fortitude.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Two options are that he becomes a better person ("maybe being loathed isn't something to aspire to") or he becomes a worse person ("why aren't I doing anything about all of these people I hate?" [becomes spree killer])

Comment

I think his goal is to be loathed so he can use it as "evidence" that Catholics are persecuted which he can use to justify his racism and other prejudices.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"I hate all black people"
                        "That's kind of a ****ed up thing to say..."
                        "OH NO I'M BEING PERSECUTED WHY DO YOU HATE ALL CATHOLICS"

Comment

close enough
                          If black people robbed you, I'd not consider it prejudice for you to be angry at black people in general
                          Hmm that's more than just a touch racist.

You're persecuting me since i'm a Catholic so it really isn't
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, roll the dice, pay the price. Maybe he will learn...maybe.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

This conversation is really interesting, you guise.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X