Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the US so ****ing backward? This is the 21st Century, y'all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be awesome if able-bodied adults went without health insurance though

Comment

Yes, wouldn't it be great if you lived in a country with free universal healthcare available to all...?

Oh wait, I do...
      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

It's not free. You just pay for it differently.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When we pay half as much for better coverage than Americans get it feels like it's free.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Feels like it's free and actually being free are two totally different things, but yeah, I'm not supporting our system over yours.
            But for the record, I'm in a high end health plan from work so I doubt you have better coverage. But again, I'm not supporting our system over yours.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Regardless of the system, the rich will always have better healthcare than the poor.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yet the poor will have much better outcomes in an universal healthcare system. Isn't that the important part, after all.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Most people think that way, but DinoDoc isn't one of them.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Feels like it's free and actually being free are two totally different things, but yeah, I'm not supporting our system over yours.
                      Obviously, but I also know that my modest taxes contribute to a universal safety net where I need never worry about my health from the point of view of whether I can afford the treatment or not.

But for the record, I'm in a high end health plan from work so I doubt you have better coverage. But again, I'm not supporting our system over yours.
                      Congratulations on being one of the lucky few.
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
                      X