No announcement yet.

Prime Day starts tonight at 12 am est.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Day starts tonight at 12 am est.

So Amazon.Com is trying to create their own shopping holiday in the middle of summer and they are hoping it becomes as big as cyber Monday or black friday. We shall see though several other online retailers are joining the battle and are offering discounts of 70%-50% on some items.

So far I haven't seen anything I want but there is a 40" 1080p LED flat screen TV being sold for $115 with free shipping. They won't say the brand name so who knows if it is crap or decent? Still, if someone needs a new midsized tv at a low price this is about as cheap as it gets.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

if there's one thing the world needs, it's another day dedicated to consumerism.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A cheap tv can't hurt if you're in the market. I am not and will likely skip it but thought I would let folks here know just in case they did want a $115 tv or what ever else they are selling. Walmart is also offering big discounts to compete with Amazon.
      Last edited by Dinner; July 14, 2015, 17:20.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yes i know. i'm just moaning.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

god I love one-starring Oerdin-Thrades™... the joy I feel afterwards is indescribable!
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I need to buy some PC stuff this week. Tonight or tomorrow, or it won't make it. I wonder if there's deals as wel? I want an SSD, and a new mobo + processor.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

HAHA, Oerdin is wrong again... it started at midnight on Pacific time, not Eastern time .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                god I love one-starring Oerdin-Thrades™... the joy I feel afterwards is indescribable!
                You know what's really fun? Getting a big box of rusty hooks and going fishing up your own ass for your prostate. Go ahead, give it a try.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok is a nerd.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

My newsfeed told me its disappointing
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

FB tells me that people are tweeting angrily about their pathetic and ineffectual sales offers. This implies that a large number of people were excited enough about an internet retail giant offering even bigger savings than usual to feel betrayed when the savings just weren't big enough, or perhaps on things they didn't happen to want. This is kind of depressing.
                      1011 1100

Comment

I can get you 25% off a big box of rusty hooks if you'd like, Elok.
                        (Shipping not included. Offer void where prohibited.)
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I can get "gently-used" fishhooks for 33% of MSRP at the local store, you sad little sack of ****! Your inferior sales offer offends me.
                          1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            FB tells me that people are tweeting angrily about their pathetic and ineffectual sales offers. This implies that a large number of people were excited enough about an internet retail giant offering even bigger savings than usual to feel betrayed when the savings just weren't big enough, or perhaps on things they didn't happen to want. This is kind of depressing.
                            that is, of course, the cumulative effect of things like this, and the constant effort that is made to associate happiness with things that one can buy buy buy. people get angry when they find that happiness might be a little pricier than they had been led to believe it was.
                            Last edited by C0ckney; July 16, 2015, 06:37.

Comment

x-post

I was thinking meat hooks would be more apropos for scratching your prostate.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X