Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Maybe there's hope for Ben after all.
    Do you figure if he could actually listen to himself, he might shut up?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      Medical advances are amazing Just think of being able to cure genetic defects at the wave of a hand. (and all the ensuing ethical dilemmas that come from misusing that technology )
      Actually, i think there are a lot of problems that can be solved with genetic engineering. For example, there is a big problem with a workforce in the world - in a post-inustrial era, when automatic factories made a work of a millions of workers obsolete, there aren't enough productive work for a lot of people who could have been workers before. At the same time, we're consuming unsustainable resources so fast that it's unclear if we'll be able to invent some efficient ways to solve the problem, so civilization as a whole, as i see it, doesn't have enough scientists with a highest IQ possible. It's not like we're the first civilization to fall because of a resource depletion either, think Bronze age or Roman Empire...

Genetic engineering may be misused in a lot of ways, just like many other new inventions, but i don't think it's a good enough reason to just straight out ban it. If humanity managed to use nuclear power stations instead of a nuclear bombs, i'm sure it's much easier to use genetic engineering in a positive way.
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

Working...
      X