Independence Day Quiz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day Quiz!

21 civics questions, most ridiculously easy. Take the quiz because, 'Murica.

My result:
    You bleed red, white, and blue!
    We salute you! You got the top score!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I got the same score

I think it just shows I was educated in the U.S.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Same as Jr.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We salute you! You got the top score! Which means you got more answers right than 90% of the population.
        americans are dumb

Comment

Either the test is broken, or the knowledge of the average american about their government is truely mediocre.

Contrary to my expectations I scored the same as those above me ...
          if I, a foreigner with just a cursory knowledge of the american government (and without using google or the like), already score better than 90% of americans (as is claimed in connection with the results) then the knowledge of the average american about their government must be abysmal
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The only question I had to think about was the "who appoints justices" one. Given that the power is split, it is a question of semantics - went with the Prez, as the framing is generally that the Senate "confirms".
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This is funny and I agree with Proteus_MST, yanks must be stupid

We salute you! You got the top score! Which means you got more answers right than 90% of the population. You understand the intricacies of this great nation and how it works. You might as well move to D.C. right now, they could use a mind like yours to set things right!
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Perfect score.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"You bleed red, white, and blue!"

"Merkins r dumm."
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I got them all right, but was guessing half of them.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Dumb quizzes are dumb. While I got all of these right, it is absurd to argue that "all Americans" should know that there are 34 amendments to the Constitution, or that "We the People" are the first words of the preamble. It is beyond absurd, all the way to dishonest, to provide as a response to the quiz that the respondent knows more than 90% of Americans, because no-one had even taken this "quiz" when they wrote that!

Also, the quiz is wrong: checks and balances are what keeps one branch of government from becoming too powerful, not separation of powers.
                      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

We know what question grumbler got wrong! 34??? Hah!
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          We know what question grumbler got wrong! 34??? Hah!
                          And the two houses are the Senate and the Plebeian Assembly.
                          The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                          - A. Lincoln

Comment

Step 1: make online quiz
                            Step 2: design scoring of online quiz to inflate the ego of those who take it so as to promote sharing of quiz/results with friends
                            Step 3: hookers and blow funded by all the ad revenue

Comment

Capitalism at it's finest.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X