No announcement yet.

should obama have said what he said today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama did a great thing today. He started another conversation where there needs to be many. This thread is a perfect example of the positive results of his actions.

HC and Sloww do have some very valid points though...in many ways his Presidency has been a disaster. Bringing a focus on race relations is not one of them.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

'Letting' Iran have nukes? lol.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I do wish that the press would criticize him for things he's done and is doing that are actually bad and important, such as letting Iran get nuclear weapons,
        Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons. How would he stop them over and above the sanctions already in place? Also, why shouldn't Iran be allowed to develop nuclear weapons if Israel already has them. Seems unfair to me.

letting Russia conquer parts of Ukraine,
        How could he have prevented that from happening?

You seem to think that the US is all-powerful, when the reality is that it's been getting it's butt kicked for years now. Things are changing, Obama is sensibly following a policy of damage limitation after the cluster****ed excesses of GWB...

As for the economy, again, picking up the pieces after the republicans created the conditions for it to **** up royally...
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Oh goddamn it, you mean that ***** Obama chose to not start a nuclear war over Crimea? What and he also refused to start another middle eastern war, this time against a much stronger and more dangerous enemy that could have spread throughout the region and resulted in millions of lost lives? Goddamn his ***** liberal ass!

Next you're going to tell me he's too weak to invade North Korea and China too?

You idiots are practically a parody of yourselves when it comes to Obama. He hasn't been one of the great Presidents, partly through his own faults and more because of the Republicans strategy of obstructionism. The idea that he's been one of the worst (or the actual worst) is so utterly and completely stupid however that it's hard to even put into words how utterly and mind-****ingly stupid it actually is.

Comment

Russia was completely justified in invading the Ukraine - Russia suspected that the Ukraine had weapons of mass destruction.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

He's much definitely a step up from Bush...
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

A parasite feeding on the shredded anus of a cow suffering from dysentry would be a step up from Bush... :vomit:
                "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  Oh goddamn it, you mean that ***** Obama chose to not start a nuclear war over Crimea? What and he also refused to start another middle eastern war, this time against a much stronger and more dangerous enemy that could have spread throughout the region and resulted in millions of lost lives? Goddamn his ***** liberal ass!

Next you're going to tell me he's too weak to invade North Korea and China too?

You idiots are practically a parody of yourselves when it comes to Obama. He hasn't been one of the great Presidents, partly through his own faults and more because of the Republicans strategy of obstructionism.
                  The concept of "obstructionism" is not really applicable. Obama could easily be said to have been "obstructionist" on Congress' agenda. It is checks and balances working when government is just as divided as the people are. Something, that in my opinion, was an intended consequence. One must remember that the intention of the House of Representatives was to be the voice of the people. The Chief executive was set up to me a manager of government. Granted, the roles of both have changed and evolved, but one can hardly blame a divided nation for choosing to do nothing when it can't agree. I know you are well versed in American politics and the American system, but it is sometimes a little harder for countries with a Parlimentary style of government to understand that divided government can sometimes lead to inaction.

The idea that he's been one of the worst (or the actual worst) is so utterly and completely stupid however that it's hard to even put into words how utterly and mind-****ingly stupid it actually is.
                  There is no doubt that Obama has faced some very unique events in his Presidency. He is not, however, the first President to do so. I will say though that he has remained fairly true to his ideals...which in itself is refreshing in a President...as much as I may disagree with his ideas on implementing some of those ideals.

His bringing racial issues to the forefront once again must be applauded by all but the racist segment of our society. If nothing else, this will be a positive legacy.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    Russia was completely justified in invading the Ukraine - Russia suspected that the Ukraine had weapons of mass destruction.
                    Damn. I must have missed all those UN Resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                      A parasite feeding on the shredded anus of a cow suffering from dysentry would be a step up from Bush... :vomit:
                      While there is certainly much to dislike about a Bush presidency, you should delve a bit deeper into the economic mess. One might just discover that the problem actually started under the Clinton administration. One might even see that Bush had attempted some reform well before the crisis but was "obstructed" by Barney Frank and his crew.

This is only if one would like to know the real truth and not just go with cattle.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                        Yeah, Ukraine was 'looking after them' for Saddam...

Comment

Russia uses its own version of the UN for these sorts of things - Stalin's ghost has veto powers in it
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

While there is certainly much to dislike about a Bush presidency, you should delve a bit deeper into the economic mess. One might just discover that the problem actually started under the Clinton administration. One might even see that Bush had attempted some reform well before the crisis but was "obstructed" by Barney Frank and his crew.

This is only if one would like to know the real truth and not just go with cattle.
                            Things are almost always more complicated than they look...

Comment

Especially parasites feeding on cows' anuses.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

"Mission Accomplished!"

Comment

Working...
                                X