Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US War on Blacks!

South Carolina church shooting: Nine die in Charleston 'hate crime'

Beyond the outrage that 9 black people were murdered in a place of worship, this seems more like a targeted hit:

Pinckney helped lead a prayer vigil in April for Walter Scott, a black South Carolina man who was shot dead by a North Charleston police officer. He campaigned for police to be equipped with body cameras, which he said “may not be the golden ticket, the golden egg, the end-all-fix-all, but [would help] to paint a picture of what happens during a police stop”. Mandatory body cameras became law in the state one week ago.
    A US State Senator has been assassinated!

It seems that elements of US society don't want the police to have body cameras, so that they can continue to target blacks and get away with it...

This is the latest US war - the War on Blacks.

Black Americans killed by police twice as likely to be unarmed as white people

Christ, the US government isn't even properly keeping statistics:

The findings emerged from a database filled by a five-month study of police fatalities in the US, which calculated that local and state police and federal law enforcement agencies are killing people at twice the rate calculated by the US government’s official public record of police homicides. The database names five people whose names have not been publicly released.
    Steven Hawkins, the executive director Amnesty International USA, described the racial imbalance as “startling”. Hawkins said: “The disparity speaks to something that needs to be examined, to get to the bottom of why you’re twice as likely to be shot if you’re an unarmed black male.”
    Relatives of unarmed people killed by police in high-profile incidents during the past year – including Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tony Robinson and Walter Scott – described the Guardian project as a breakthrough in the national debate over the use of deadly force by law enforcement.

“Giving this kind of data to the public is a big thing,” said Erica Garner, whose father’s killing by police in New York City last year led to international protests. “Other incidents like murders and robberies are counted, so why not police-involved killings? With better records, we can look at what is happening and what might need to change.”

The initiative was also praised by a range of policing experts and by campaigners who are urging government authorities to make the official recording of fatalities mandatory for all 18,000 police departments and law enforcement agencies operating in the US.

“It’s troubling that we have no official data from the federal government,” said Laurie Robinson, the co-chair of Barack Obama’s task force on 21st-century policing. “I think it’s very helpful, in light of that fact, to have this kind of research undertaken.”
    It's pretty shocking that it's taken a BRITISH newspaper to get the ball rolling on this...

Just shocking!
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

harsh Moby
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Mobious is a person with fine qualities.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Telling it like it is, even if you don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          Telling it like it is.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Moby is doing a awesome job of Yank bashing lately.

I predict victory for Moby in the "Moby war against the USA".

Comment

Highlighting legitimate problems isn't "yank bashing" imo
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  Highlighting legitimate problems isn't "yank bashing" imo
                  I'd say that Mobius is doing both, with the hope that somebody comes in here and attempts to defend or minimize the legitimate problems in order to counter the yank bashing and comes off looking like a ****ing idiot as a result
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I suppose.

The thread title is rather unhelpful... especially considering the suspect is still at large... accurate reporting on this subject could very well lead to his capture/death.

Seems like a purposeful inaccurate title (for trolling or other purposes) is just as bad as if you pulled the trigger yourself
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Dylann Storm Roof

he's been ID'd

looking for pic
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

“The following subject is wanted for the shooting that occured in Charleston at the Emanuel AME Church. Subject is Dylann Storm Roof w/m 4/3/1994 5’9″ 120 lbs. The subject should be driving a 2000 Hyundai Elantra GS, SC registration LGF330. The vehicle is dark-colored. Subject should be considered armed and dangerous and caution should be used if seen. “
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The man accused of shooting and killing nine people in a downtown Charleston church on Wednesday night is from the Columbia area, according to law enforcement sources.

Law enforcement is pursuing 21-year-old Dylann Storm Roof, of Eastover. An active manhunt is taking place in several locations in the Midlands.

Public records show Roof was most recently arrested in March in Lexington County on drug charges.

According to Lexington School District One, Roof attended White Knoll High School for at least part of his 9th grade year.

Roof is described as a white male, with a bowl cut haircut, slender/small build, grey sweat shirt, blue jeans and clean shaven. He is considered armed and dangerous.

Roof is believed to be driving a black Hyundai Elantra with South Carolina tag LGF-330. His last known address is in the 10,000 block of Garners Ferry Road in Eastover.
                          If you see Roof, you should not attempt to make contact with him. Call 911 immediately.

The shooting, which law enforcement has classified as a hate crime, took place at Emanuel AME Church around 9:00 p.m.

Charleston Police Chief Greg Mullen said officers arrived to find eight people dead inside the church. A ninth victim was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.

According to officials, the shooting occurred during a prayer meeting at the church.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

“He just said ‘I have to do it.’ He said, ‘You rape our women, and you’re taking over our country, and you have to go,’”
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

this little kenobi was also a fan of apartheid era south africa
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X